Just wondering...

The topic is, what trivial things do you wonder about, lately.

I was wondering if they have many cats and dogs in India, and what do they make their pet food from.Not beef, obviously. Fish scraps for cats? Or do they perhaps feed the dogs to the cats?

See I don’t need to know this, and this does not solve any personal problem. That’s what I’m getting at. Andy Rooney type “did you ever wonder why…” questions will also do.

First of all, I wonder why big retail outfits like Best Buy are so nitpicky about returns without receipts. After all they probably keep a record of all the things you buy on their computers.

Second of all I wonder if I’ll ever get the scanner I bought up and running on my new computer. See when I try to install the software to run it, they ask for the serial number…but they don’t want the serial number of the scanner…they want the serial number of the software. Which, I don’t have anymore. I’m one of those people, who doesn’t save every single piece of paper and then ends up regretting it.

–Gail
“Predictable, really I suppose. It was an act of purest optimism to have posed the question in the first place.” --John Cleese

Why they make the bags to those damn M&M’s so hard to open… and when you finally do…it tears down the middle and half the bag rolls out on the theater floor… Do they not know that ya can’t eat anything off of those floors!

“Only when he no longer knows what he is doing, does the painter do good
things.” --Edgar Degas

Why o they use all thos gravelly stones to flesh out railway lines? What are their purpose as opposed to bare dirt or whatever?

-PIGEONMAN-
Hero For A New Millennium!

The Legend Of PigeonMan - updates every Wed & Sat

Maybe it’s to make it unpleasant to walk along the tracks. Even for animals.

I wonder why I can go thru ask (Jeeves) and get addresses free, but www.switchboard.com charges for them

I think about why I can’t remeber all the trivial shit I was thinking about 5 minutes ago.

Why do I always end up making the pies for Thanksgiving? Everybody tells me they’re great. I tell them the truth–Libby’s pie filling and Pet-Ritz crust. But still, they want me to make pies.

One of these years, I’ll cook the turkey. Really.

Do what you know how to do. Too many cooks doing new stuff in the same kitchen does not work.

Just wondering which holiday has more establishments closed, Thanksgiving or Christmas day? I know McDinalds is closed today. Traveling today you end up at Perkins, Dennys etc. for food.

I’m a member of a mailing list and I’m just wondering how long it will take before WWIII is declared. Makes for pretty funny reading right now. :smiley:

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error.
– John Kenneth Galbraith

Gail,
If you keep having trouble with that software, e-mail me. I have a few tricks that normally work :wink:
suzette100@yahoo.com

Click here for some GOOD news for a change

Zettecity

<marquee>Happy Thanksgiving!</marquee>

I wonder how I could get that also in color.naah, leave it to Louie

Are four-handed alien ambidextrous?

Just read somewhere that they take the animals they put to sleep at the apl and put them into commercial cat food. Oh,read it in Vegetarian Times. !

sunbear:
I was wondering if they have many cats and dogs in India, and what do they make their
pet food from.Not beef, obviously. Fish craps for cats? Or do they perhaps feed the dogs to the cats?

Being an indian, I can say somthing for the above…
The 900 million Hindus eat pork, chicken if they want to eat non veg stuff. The 100 milion Muslims eat beef, etc, except pork…

the pets eat the leftovers that the humans leave behind…

I am a HUGE generalization here (over 1 BILLION people), so dont take this statement as a fact.

for sunbear :wink: :

<marquee><font size=4 color=“orange”>Happy Thanksgiving!</font></marquee>

veera: I guess the Muslims have dogs then, because, as far as I know, dogs should not eat pork.Someone confirm this, who has a dog.

Louie:nice color

No strict Muslim will tolerate a dog in the house, and to bring one in would be a deep insult to his religion.

IIRC, it was a dog that gave away the hiding place of one of Mohammed’s sons (Hossan or Hossein?).

Street dogs are tolerated mainly for their scavenging/cleaning, but dogs are not generally known as pets (except by the wealthy or royal families, who are generally pretty westernized in private).

Source: a friend who nurses in Saudi.

Why does hair on animals grow to a certain length and then stop?

If you cut it, it grows back, but it’ll stop at the length it was at when you cut it.