Kevin Smith to appear at a special free screening of Clerks August 8 in Leonardo, NJ.

This is part of the Netflix Rolling RoadShow. Added bonus, event will be hosted by Lisa Loeb and Kevin Smith will be on hand for a Q&A afterwards.
In case any NJ area Dopers are interested. I am planning to be there with a few friends. Let me know and we can possibly meet up.

Jim

There’s a real Leonardo, NJ? Whoa.

-lifelong Jerseyan

Very Wolfian, there is a Leonardo, New Jersey. :wink:

It is right next to Nat Earl Navy Base and the Quick Stop is just off Rt 36 on the way to the Shore.
If you are interested, the church used in Dogma is the St James Catholic Church on 94 Broad Street, Red Bank, NJ 07701. I think they used Riverview Medical in Red Bank for the Hospital, but I will not swear to it.

Jim

I am going to bump this once.

I’m so not surprised. I’ve heard tales of the guy actually hanging around in comic shops for hours waiting for people to recognize him and finally cause a scene.

'Course, I don’t know the guy personally, but seems just like the kind of publicity he’d do at the drop of the hat.

On the one hand, this sounds like an event I’d be interested in seeing.

On the other hand, I have no desire to stand in the midst of fifty thousand fanboys (even if I’m one of them).

Early indications are it will only be hundreds of fans. It took me 30 minutes of searching the internet to get the details. One of my friends caught it being mentioned on the local Community College Radio.

Jim

I knew about Red Bank as my marching band and theirs was in the same association. Irratatingly enough Red Bank’s band wears green rather than red.