King of the Hill SERIES FINALE (open spoilers)

Unfortunately, low key is right. Maybe this would have worked if it was a season finale, but I expected more for a series finale, especially one that’s lasted this long. This reminds me of the travesty that is the Married with Children finale. Couldn’t they have made it an hour-long episode at least? Maybe some strange craziness with Dale, Bill getting married again, or whatever, and THEN end it with a moment with Bobby and Hank? Hank is just so unlikeable throughout this whole episode and series with this judgemental prejudices that its hard for me to forget all that and just enjoy him and Bobby finding common ground. I would have rather like something to break them apart, maybe Bobby being found out by a talent agent and the family having to move to Hollywood or something. A sad ending to a decent series

Hey, I like Lucky. Tom Petty played him. How cool is that?

Of course, you can’t have KOTH without Chuck Mangione. Or without Bill trying to grope Peggy. Did you see how he tried for a hug and Peggy brushed past him as if he wasn’t there?

I thought it was the perfect ending. Hank always wanted Bobby to be a star athlete and Bobby just wanted to do his own thing. Bobby was never going to be a star athlete or even a mediocre one but with Bobby being on the meat team he ends up being the star of the team, makes the winning play at State finals and finally gets his own trophy.

One thing I was wondering about the “meat team” episode is how they got Bobby Hill (who is, I think, still in middle school) on a college team. I was expecting to see them disqualified for that, or at least to address the point in the episode.

I’m also wondering what Bobby Hill is going to do with this talent. Is he going to be a star inspector for the USDA or a butcher?

Chef?

I figured since it was a Jr college, it wasn’t a big deal. I mean, he can take classes there, why shouldn’t he be able to be on the team?

Sorry to resurrect the thread zombie but I finally watched the finale. I sort of didn’t want to watch the last one.

Loved it. Just a perfect ending to one of the best series I have ever seen. One poster above considers Hank to be mean, honestly that is to miss the entire point of this show. Hank isn’t perfect and he can be judgmental but he’s a good, decent guy. That’s really a big point of the show. Hank trying to do the right thing and assuming everyone else around him will also do just that. Unfortunately, most people are venal, shallow and utterly self-serving.

Hank and Bobbty finally found common ground. Hank is a good Father and Bobby is a good son but now they can finally bond.

Kahn is a favourite of mine. His myopic cruelness merely highlights how good people the Hills are. And even loosened up in the end.

Boomhauer being a TR was a nice surprise. Great ending to a great show.

There’s still a handful of episodes that have not aired. Hopefully Adult Swim can get ahold of them soon.