King of the Hill Series Finale

Just an FYI that Fox are showing the series finale of the King of the Hill this Sunday evening (September 13).

Hopefully they’ll do a great send off for Hank and the gang. KOTH is, in my opinion, one of the finest sitcoms I have ever seen. Characters of true depth and meaning couple with intelligent humour.

I’ll miss this how a lot.

Got dang it. :frowning:

All good things must come to an end. KOTH lasted 13 seasons and never saw a noticeable drop off in quality. In fact, if anything, it became even more relevant over time as Arlen showed the realities of small towns which are rapidly becoming part of a suburban community.

I’m just glad Fox respected the show enough to let them end it on their own terms with a true finale. I’ll be watching, and I expect I’ll have moist eyes when it ends.

I read somewhere that the last shows are just normal shows, nothing “finale-esque” about them.

That’s bizzare. So, basically they are burning off two season 13 episodes a week before the fall premieres and calling it a series finale/event?

That’s actually worse…

It is funny, because the last episode of Season 12, where Luanne and Lucky got married, was designed to be a “just in case” series finale. It has a finale convention (a wedding) and it features tons of old characters in the audience of the wedding (including Hank’s asian half-brother).

Bummer. Still watching. Maybe I can convince myself that KotH’s series finale should be just another episode, as life just keeps on going for the people in Arlen.

King of the Hill is one of the most underrated shows on tv. I think a lot of people don’t like it because they don’t understand it. They think it’s supposed to be drop-dead laugh-a-minute funny, or brutally making fun of rednecks, or proudly glorifying rednecks. It’s none of those things (though it can, at times, be all of those things.) It has true depth, subtlety, heart, and is one of the very few [del]cartooo[/del]- sitcoms period with characters that actually grow and change. Family Guy and American Dad should’ve been dead and in the grave long before this day came :(.

I agree with everyone’s assessment above. It took me a while to get into the show, but I’m going to miss it when it’s gone.

To me, that sounds like the best finale of all.

The only thing I don’t like about KOTH is that I’d like to see Bobby grow up and start college (where it’d be interesting to see if he marries Kahn and or gets that prop comic career going). And I’d like to see Dale arrested by the Secret Service and sent to Guantanamo.

Totally agree it’s one of the greatest sitcoms on TV and I don’t think it would be possible to film live action. I know every character on the show.

I’d hoped that after Cotton’s death would see his baby being raised by the Hills as their much wanted (but denied by fate and that dang narra’ urethra) second child. (Mrs. Cotton was such a flake there’s no trouble imagining her leaving it with them.) Apparently not in the cards though.

Bobby gave up the props a few years ago. He still intends a future in comedy though.
Re KOTH

Goldang good show funny human truthful tell you what yep.

It will be the finale for King of the Hill’s prime-time run. However, four additional episodes have been produced, which Fox will not run, but will allow to go into syndication, with the possibility they will air first on Adult Swim.

Great! Thanks for this. I dated a girl from Dallas very seriously and that’s what turned me onto King of the Hill. I met several real life characters from the show! The best thing about it, for me, is that I started watching the show to laugh at the rednecks and once I got into it I realized just what a fundamentally good person Hank is and that the values he represents (or perhaps the way he represents them) are good things. It’s really a show about Hank trying to do the right thing and struggling in a world full of cheats, layabouts and morons.

I just hope that Hank and Peggy can go on to bigger and better things and won’t be typecast, and that Bobby won’t fall prey to the child star syndrome.

(Actually I was surprised when I first learned- years and years ago of course- Kathy Najimy was the voice of Peggy; I never would have recognized her, and she was great.)