Kinky Friedman running for Gov. of Texas

Link.

:smiley:

Gotta love it. The Kinkster would make a great leader for Texas.

Hey, I’m gonna vote for him :cool: So far the Republican candidates are Scary Perry (current governor, Bush’s former right-hand man here in Texas), and Carole Keaton Rylander/Strayhorn/Whatshernamethisweek. No word on possible Dem candidates, but like the Pubbies I don’t trust any of 'em any farther than I can throw 'em.

We need some fresh blood here. Bring him on!

I was reading this post in this forum:

And as I was typing, I was thinking of the Kinskter. I forget which book of his it was, but in one, he had an epilogue dedicated to the cat that was the inspiration for the cat in his books which had been put to sleep that year. It’s a beautiful thing and shows that not only is Kinky irreverent and disturbed, but has a heart of gold. His work with Utopia should be enough proof of his love for animals.

I named a cat Ratso, and when I met Kinky at Fitzgeralds years ago, I asked him to sign a flag snotrag dedicated to my cat at the time: To Ernie, a Fine American.

We buried Ernie with the rag, a can of 9-Lives Sliced Beef/Gravy and the stub from the cigar Kinky left in the ashtray that night (which I stole).

I could move to Texas and vote Chicago-style 4 or 5 times if it would help get the man elected.

So Texas would have a decent person for a governor for once? :dubious:
Love the man.

We’d have some bitchin’ laws, eh?

Hell yeah, seal the Mexical border with a fence patrolled by National Guard, channel Moses and Jesus, and build stronger student-teacher relationships with Willy Nelson as financial advisor.

Damn, if I wasn’t already registered to vote, I’d sign his petition.

After Dubya, Kinky will be an improvement! :smiley:

That was the tribute to Cuddles in “Elvis, Jesus and Coca-Cola.”

Yes it was, thanks. I got home and found it, but you posted this first.

It’d almost be worth changing my residency back to Texas just to vote for him. Almost. (I need to keep my residency in PA so I can help vote Santorum out of office next year.)

A couple guys from the station are going to South by Southwest this week, and I’ve asked them to bring back a Kinky for Governor bumper sticker.

Robin

The Hammer will find some way to stop it.