Lack of squirrel

Mock squirrel?! We use no artificial preservatives or additives of any kind!

And if you took the bones out of the Crispy Duck, it wouldn’t be crispy.
Oh yes, there are multiple Monty Python references for any occasion.

Okay, that completely changes my interpretation if the snack.

You’re better off not knowing. Once you taste it, you’d quickly get addicted to the likes of the Vosges brand red fire bar.

I’ve tried four out of the six varieties so far (the duck and the onion bhaji varitiies still to go) - builder’s breakfast was probably the best of these - it was a bit like that scene with the gum in Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, only without the catastrophic ending.

The squirrel variety was the most disappointing - tasting just like a slightly more spicy version of every other savoury kind of crisps.

Chilli and chocolate tasted earthy and dusty - without the buttery mouthfeel, chocolate isn’t really all that nice.

Fish and chips tasted just a bit too fishy to me - and not in a good way - I like prawn cocktail flavour crisps (which actually taste like Marie Rose sauce) and I like Scampi flavour fries - which do taste seafoody. The fish and chips variety of crisps were fishy in a kind of walking-past-the-fishmonger’s-bins way - almost an ammonia taste.

Personally, I am not at all surprised to discover that a British potato crisp manufacturer purveys inauthentic Cajun cuisine (squirrel-based or otherwise).

In fairness, I would be equally if not more suspicious of Cajuns claiming to faithfully prepare traditional British dishes.

I hear the prawn, tiger, and almond is just flying off the shelves.

Otter’s nose was the best flavour, IMO.

It’s bliss is what it is. I had some back in December (actually I had quite a bit back in December) and still occasionally wake up with my stomach shouting for it. I keep meaning to head into Chinatown and get some. I can then experiment with various things and hoisin sauce.

Squirrel flavored potato chips? That’s nutty!

Reminds me of those disgusting flavors of jellybeans. Never tried them. You know why? Because the titles are disgusting.

The fish and chips and duck and hoisin actually sound good. Chilli and chocolate sounds ok, but not on potato chips. Builder’s Breakfast probably could have a better name, it makes me think of coffee, jelly donuts, and Marlboro Reds. But squirrel? Seriously?

I guess it isn’t that different than some of the chip flavors we have here, like Taco, Pizza, Dill Pickle and Tomato.

It’s trendy right now. Might even be dying down a little but 3 or 4 years ago you couldn’t swing a dead cat at a dessert menu around here without hitting spicy chocolate.

On a rather more serious note, I really thought that, under consumer laws, you aren’t allowed to have misleading labelling. The squirrel in the name is meaningless; it could have been called Cajun Wasp or Cajun Battleship. Imagine having Squirrel Diet Pepsi: there’d be an outcry (abut the misleading name).

That might explain why I’ve not seen Panda Cola around here for years… or it may be that it tasted like carbonated sump oil.

I do remember trying Hedgehog flavour crisps years ago.

Anyone else remember tomato sauce flavour ? Baked bean flavour was popular at one time too…

There are currently Habanero-Chocolate crisps on sale here that are absolutely fantastic. I initially bought them as a joke, but they were really good. They’re sweet and chocolatey at first, and then the spice starts to set in.

This entire thread alarms me.

How about kipper and goldfish?

While Walkers is a U.K. company, as is so often the case these days it’s owned by a larger multinational, in this instance Purchase, New York-based PepsiCo Inc.

Like this?

Yes. Just like that.