Ladies; Spotting (TMI kind), clothing and awareness.

Let’s say that you’ve, how shall we say, maxed out your maxi pad.
Things went a little overboard, unbeknownst to you.
You’re in a work/public environment and someone else besides you notices that you’ve stained your clothing. Just a little, just enough that you can’t easily hide it when you get up.

What do you do when you’re finally made aware?
What if you don’t have spare clothes handy?
If someone else noticed would you want them to tell you before the whole world sees?
Would it matter if it was a guy or a gal that noticed?
How should that person approach you?

What do you do when you’re finally made aware? Clean it up pronto, preferably by changing clothes.
What if you don’t have spare clothes handy? I’m going to fetch some or buy some right away. If that’s not possible I guess I’m going to hold papers or books in a strategic manner.
If someone else noticed would you want them to tell you before the whole world sees? Yes!
Would it matter if it was a guy or a gal that noticed? I’d rather a female noticed first, but I’d be okay if a guy told me.
*How should that person approach you? * Immediately! And then they could say something like, “Excuse me, but you have something on your skirt.” I wouldn’t freak out, really.

Blush. Then go home and change clothes.

See above.

If someone else noticed would you want them to tell you before the whole world sees?

God yes.

Nope. Although I can’t imagine a guy having balls big enough to tell a gal about that unless they were SOs or something.

Walk behind you and wisper in your ear something like “You may have sat in something - it looks like you have a mark on the back of your pants.”

That gives the person (me) the option of saying “Ooops! I guess I did sit in something!” and make the very uncomfortable situation slightly more comfortable.

Wow, I have never had this happen, where it was visible, that is. I guess I’d call off sick for the rest of the day and go home.

See above.

Very much so. And then I would tell them I’m calling off sick and going home.

Not at all.

[/QUOTE]

As soon as they notice. Just walk up and say quietly, “Hey, you’ve got a spot on your dress/skirt, etc.”

I imagine, unless the guy and girl were good friends, the guy might tell another woman at the office and ask her to tell the girl. But mostly I imagine most men wouldn’t really notice.

One advantage of wearing lab coats at work… I can just go change lab coats (if it went all the way through to the coat!) and just claim it was because I spilled something on myself!

I haven’t had a “spill” of any significance in nearly a decade though… even if my period starts unexpectedly, I still tend to be able to feel it early enough to do something about it. My pants/underwear might be stained, but not straight through. I do tend to avoid wearing light coloured pants when I know I’m expecting my period or on my heaviest days.

Run to the bathroom, look at the damage, and cry.

Since I’m always cold, I always bring a sweater with me (I’ll leave it at my desk). I could do the ole sweater-around-the-waist trick if I’m not doing something that would make that unacceptable or strange (like giving a presentation). If no sweater is available, I’m getting in my car and driving home and not coming back. As far as I’m concerned, the day has been ruined.

Yes.

I would rather it be a guy, because I’d be able to convince myself that the guy thought I sat on something. I wouldn’t want anyone feeling sorry for me, which is what a female would do.

Quietly pull me to the side and say, “You’ve got something on the back of your pants.” Don’t say anything about blood. Just say “something” and I’ll know.

The stains would be at the crotchal region. Men would notice. :wink:

I actually did have a guy friend notice. We were sitting cross-legged, facing each other, and I saw him looking at me funny. I looked down and saw a small reddish smear. I looked up at him, and he said, “Is that what I think it is?” It wasn’t (it was paint from a fence I’d climbed) but it looked a lot like a period stain.

Depends on my options. First resort: Obscure it with a long jacket or something tied around my waist. Second option: Wash it out. Last resort: Flee home.

Sucks to be you. :stuck_out_tongue: Depending on circumstances, you may have to just bear it.

Yeah, but I couldn’t hold it against anyone who noticed but was to embarrassed to tell me. Besides, in my mind, one person noticing = whole world noticing.

Not really. Guys would be operating from a position of empathy; girls, sympathy.

A discreet, “Excuse me, your pants/skirt are stained” is fine.

I’ve had my period approximately 340 times, so I have been spotted spotting before…
Thank them and go check out the damage ASAP

Depends where I am. Able to run home? I run home and change. WalMart close by? Sweater to tie around waist? WalMart it is, and I buy a bottle of hydrogen peroxide so the stain won’t set.
Yes

I don’t get a choice, do I?

Again, I get no choice. I hope they don’t point and shout “Hey, everybody!! Cyn 's on the rag!” I’d prefer to be approached as I would approach: As soon as I notice and discreetly “There’s something on your pants/skirt. Go to the ladies room and check it out.”