Last-minute costume ideas

A friend is having a party on Friday and I’m just racking my brain for an idea. It’s a theme party-specific fictional characters only (which is why I put this in CS), preferably comic characters. My roommate is going as Green Arrow, a friend as Chuck, the host will be Harry Dresden, ect. I have a few ideas, but thought I’d turn to the massively intelligent collective of the Straight Dope for any better ones. I’d prefer not to spend too much money on this, but I’ll entertain any suggestions.

How about the Dark Knight? I haven’t seen the movie yet, but the costume looks simple enough from the posters I’ve seen–suit and some creative makeup.

Shaun from Shaun of the Dead. A white button-up shirt, red name tag, and blood everywhere. If you can get your hands on a cricket bat, all the better.

Dilbert is a costume that can be put together without much fuss or expense. You mainly need glasses, a pocket protector, and wire for your tie.

A friend dressed up as Professor Chaos last year.http://www.ugo.com/movies/oj-simpsons-criminal-masterminds/?cur=professor-chaos
Easy to make and easily recognizable.

If your really in a time fix and have a white sheet you don’t like you can always go as Charlie Brown. If so don’t forget a bag of rocks.

You could go as Dexter - the average-looking guy exterior, serial-killer interior.

StG

Here’s an idea I stole from a Straight Dope thread:

Big white square of posterboard or foamboard (I used foamboard) somewhat larger than your torso. Sling it over your back using two straps of black cloth like the straps on a backpack (you can also loop it around your neck but that generates annoying pressure on your windpipe). Just punch holes through the foamboard and tie knots.

Wear a long-sleeved black turtleneck shirt.

When people ask what you are, strike a pose with your arms in a funny position against the white board behind you and ask “what do you think I am?”

Whatever they answer, say, in your best phony psychologist voice, “Very interesting!”

You’re a Rorschach ink blot.

Sailboat

Here are Adam Sandler’s low-cost costume ideas. (link opens a video with sound)

My vote goes to Dr. Horrible. Lab coat, goggles, and gloves, maybe a plastic rifle with ‘freeze ray’ painted on.