Latest in the Deep-Fried Food category -- Deep Fried Cereal

Well, you could always go healthy and pair it with a deep fried salad.

I wonder how deep-fried yogurt would taste.

Uhmmmm, make it yourself? :wink:

My absolute favorite is funnel cake topped with apple pie filling. Add a scoop of real vanilla ice cream and sprinkle on some cinnamon … beyond ecstasy! :cool:

The only thing that might be better is drizzling some caramel or butterscotch syrup over the ice cream, instead of adding plain cinnamon. Or, hell, just do both!

Deep fried sweetened condensed milk would tempt me (done the frozen way)

The last carnival that came through had red velvet funnel cakes with cream cheese icing drizzles. I don’t understand why Carnies aren’t fat. :confused:

You think they actually eat that stuff?

Have you seen their teeth?*

*Lord, I apologize for that there. And be with the starving Pygmy’s in New Guinea. Amen.

I’ve never had Deep Fried Butter or Beer (although I would try both!)… but these cherry-flavored fried batter balls are EXACTLY what I had at the fair last year. No liquid interior. Just a pink hush puppy.

Here’s a knock-off recipe: http://landercakecompany.com/2011/06/how-to-make-deep-fried-kool-aid-balls-recipe/

Damn you! :slight_smile:

I happened to be at the store today for various items. (Not funnel cake) As I’m cruising up and down the isles, my eyes happen upon “Funnel Cake Mix”. I’ve been going to this store for well over a decade. Not once have I ever noticed funnel cake mix.

Once I did, I thought of your post and figured it must be a sign from the “Funnel cake gods”. So I went ahead and dropped it in my basket, along with apple pie filling and ice cream. (Cinnamon I have at home.)

I plan on making it tonight.

My heart attack in on your hands terentii!

Hey, it’s not just Americans. My understanding is this craze for deep frying unconventional food-like objects started with the deep-fried Mars bar, which originated in Scotland.

Let me know how that works out for you! :wink:

Home of deep-fried pizza.

I’ve had deep-fried black pudding before, and that was tasty. I’ve always been more about deep-frying savoury things.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm! Rounds or links? Battered or unbattered? :slight_smile:

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE battered, deep-fried bangers! They’re at least as good as Pronto Pups (corn dogs).

The latter have to be deep-fried in fresh lard for best results!

I’ve posted this before, but my wedding cake was fried cheesecake. (Other Shoe and I took the day off work to have a quiet wedding - in jeans, with just his parents and the judge - and then we went to the fair for our “honeymoon” since we’ve already been shacking up together for a decade.)

I suppose that means my wedding supper was chicken-fried bacon, the first bite of which nearly convinced my that there is, in fact, a belevolent Og. The fact that I was watching the pig races at the time just added to the fun! :smiley:
(Seriously, though, if you’re at the Texas State Fair, do NOT miss the chicken-fried bacon. Assuming, of course, that you like bacon. And fried things. And if you don’t - why are you in this thread anyway?)

Wouldn’t deep-fried butter just be Chicken Kiev without the nasty, dry, tasteless chicken breast? Sized right (pats not sticks) it could be good, especially if the fry oil was previously used for Blooming Onions.

You poor thing – you’ve never hsad good Chicken Kiev.

And, even without the chicken, it’s not the same unless they add unlikely spices to the batter.