layers in the new windows paint How?

this link is an image of the older paint program, near the color palet (just above on the left) are 2 boxes, one highlighted, showing a cylinder, a sphere, and a cube. you could click on the bottom one and then paste an image over the top of it and the lower image would show through…how do I get this effect with the paint that comes with 7?

sorry I cant link a pic in action…I dont have an old pc with xp on it anywhere around.

Under the selection tool, there’s a drop-down menu that says “select.” Click on it, and then click on “Transparent Selection.”