Leave the Queens Nuts alone!

This is so funny. Imagine a woman worth hundreds of millions that can literally buy anything she wants. Heck, she could buy her own nut farm and have them harvested just for her. Print the royal seal on the shells if she wants.

I guess she’s a tightwad. :stuck_out_tongue: I can just see her with a pencil marking the bowls. LOL

The phone hacking trial in Britain has been interesting. The tabloid editors figured out years ago that many celebrities or their assistants were too dumb or lazy to change the default phone box password. Reporters could easily get private phone messages and did for a decade. A lot of the tabloid gossip stories were based on that information.

How freaking stupid could these celebrities be???

Anyhow, now they are prosecuting the reporters for taking advantage of the people too stupid to change a default factory password.

This reminds me of someone leaving a new tv on the curb in front of your house. Then calling the cops when someone takes it.

Thats what you are doing when you don’t change a factory default password on a phone message box.

Sure, she’s got all the money in the world, but the staff weren’t leaving those nuts out for the police. I wouldn’t be impressed by that, either. Do they go into her fridge and clean that out, too?

True. It is like having a thief in the office fridge.

I guess those heaping bowls of nuts were a temptation.

One solution might be to stock free snacks for the staff and cops in their break room. Then maybe they’d leave the Queen’s supply alone.

I have to admit it would be hard for me to ignore a big heaping bowl of cashews day after day. Walking by that desk and seeing the forbidden fruit would be tempting. It’s calling my name. :wink: Must not, eat even one cashew.

Probably more like forgetting to lock your door and having someone come in and rifle the place. Or forgetting to lock your car.

A) She’s an old lady and can be as cranky as she damn well pleases.

B) Eating some of the snacks set out for public consumption is one thing, snarfing it all down day after day after day is something else entirely. Every thread we’ve ever had about office candy bowls is my cite.

C) Snack bowls set out in someone’s own personal private rooms are not, by and large, for public consumption. Especially when that person is literally the Queen of England.

Well, there’s also the fact that she’s a million years old, and having other people’s dirty fingers rifling through her snacks might lead to colds or flu. I’m sure the staff is well taken-care of.

StG

I just thought it was hilarious that the Queen was marking the bowls to see if any nuts disappeared. It does show thats she just a typical older fussy lady. There’s nothing wrong with that. It’s her stuff. I agree it might not be too sanitary having a lot of hands in there.

Me? I’d just tell my staff to refill the bowl of nuts every morning. If someone got a handful during the day it wouldn’t mater. I’m pretty easy going about most things in life.

The image of Her Majesty Elizabeth II, by the Grace of God of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and of Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith, scurrying around the palace with a sharpie marking the levels on bowls of nuts is priceless. :slight_smile:

“Nuts!” said the Queen,
“If I had them I’d be King!”

As long as her tarts are safe…

I’m picturing guys in the beefeater hats stationed next to the bowls to guard them.

I saw in the news today that Jang Song Thaek was caught red-handed with his fingers in the cashew bowl.

(shortened for clarity)

Celebrities have, historically-speaking, been pretty stupid for a very long time. I don’t see that changing in the near future.

It’s not illegal to not change your password. It is illegal to hack into someone’s personal information device.

I’ve often wondered … Just what, as a matter of fact, does the Queen actually do for herself, versus: what is done for her that most of us serfs typically do for ourself.

She doesn’t drive herself anywhere that I’ve ever heard of.
I doubt that she makes her own bed.
Does she keep a spare roll of toilet paper in the loo, and does she set it out herself when the previous roll is gone?
Does she wake up herself with the help of an alarm clock, or does a chambermaid come awaken her?
Does she trim her own fingernails?
Does she walk her corgis herself, or does she have staff walk them?
She is known to be very fond of horses. Does she herself take any part in caring for them or handling them? Does she get her fingernails dirty? We know she got her fingernails dirty in her princess days, as an ambulance driver and mechanic.
Has any Queen even really baked her own tarts?

ETA: Lemme clarify that a bit: Of course, there may be things she doesn’t do because of her age, like maybe driving (even if she ever did drive herself), caring for horses by her own hand, etc. So take my question to include activities she may (or may not) have done for herself in her somewhat-younger days too.

Actually, she was a truck driver during WWII. (Of course, this was in her pre-Queen days.)

From the same site:

She drives pretty frequently on and around her estates. (Yes, drives, present tense. Here she is in September.)

Senegoid, and anyone else who’s ever wondered those things, you should read The Queen and I by Sue Townsend. Imagine the Windsors living on council estates and having to learn to use a tin opener.

The Queen’s nuts? A little eccentric, perhaps, but she is 87 years old.