Legends of Tomorrow Season 6

The candle was probably an allusion to Behrad’s pot smoking. As for Nate, the man is a big lump of cheese. Always has been.

I like Wynonna Earp. Just one example: It starts out (at least me) thinking the sheriff is clueless about supernatural stuff, but it turns out he knows about it and is actually pretty competent.
It is (or at least was) available on Netflix.

Brian

So I did some digging and the little interlude in the middle of the animated segment, where Constantine was recounting the creation of the cleansing spell, was straight out of the Hellblazer comic. :+1:

This episode bugged me a little. Astra (as we know and as she pointed out herself in the episode) worked, schemed, and built her way to the top of hell. And she wasn’t able to see through the Crowley con? That feels like something for a character that’s either stupid or naïve, and she shouldn’t be either of those things. Even desperate, it should have taken a lot more to get to her. (it was also not clear how desperate she was - obviously, she found a way to get food? but not clean clothes?) Also, when John said point blank that the spell was created to strip him of his powers, it shouldn’t have been a surprise to her that it stripped him of his powers.

(Though it is a good way of depowering John for the season or more)

Nate was complaining about lack of food in the fridge moments before the transformation - irony rules require the cheesiness.

P.S. Is Gary not an alien, but rather Human 2.0?

I think Gary and his fiancé are pretty clearly supposed to be alien aliens with gizmos that give them human forms*. They were just convenient bounty hunters that Hipster Bond Villain hired to gather alien and human DNA.

Amelia Earhart, for example, didn’t have a human form and an alien form - she had one form, with hybrid alien traits that were initially hidden. Gary and his fiancé, on the other hand, have a purely alien form, and a purely human form when they use their gizmos.

*Those might be image inducers, but I think the implication is pretty clearly that the gizmos physically transform them into humans.

Thanks. Had a momentary thought that Gary and his fiance’ might be the early drafts of Human 2.0, but your summary makes more sense.

P.S. I agree that the gizmos transform the alien bodies.

By the way, this is by now pretty clearly the Musical Season. I wonder if Lisseth Chavez can sing?

Also just by the way, that animated sequence was actually impressive. It wasn’t Disney cinematic quality, of course, but for a throwaway sequence on a CW budget, it was relatively high quality animation. And it was a pretty spot on mix of parody of Disney tropes and animation style and straight recapitulation of those tropes. I think I’d watch that series.

It was WB Animation who did it, the same folks who did the DC Animated Universe, Teen Titans, Space Jam, various Lego movies, and more. They are probably working on the Beebo Christmas special as we speak. Come to think of it, this animated segment was was probably a dry run for that Christmas special.

S0606 Bishop’s Gambit

SECRETS - Mick takes the Waverider and Kayla (guest star Aliyah O’Brien) to try and find Sara, but these enemies find themselves needing each other to survive after landing on the possible planet Sara is being held captive. After a report of an Alien attack, the Legends return to their new headquarters, Constantine’s manor, where both Spooner and Astra try to connect to the Alien. Zari is suspicious of Constantine’s behavior, but isn’t surprised when she learns the truth. Meanwhile, Sara devises a plan to escape by using her charm to win over Bishop (guest star Raffi Barsoumian), but she learns something more disturbing.

Poor Gideon, reduced to an image on a CRT like Holly on Red Dwarf. They got the Waverider back right quick, though, unlike Sara.

And so we find out that Sara has died yet again. Alien Amelia wasn’t lying when she said she killed her.

How did Ava, Spooner, and Nate time travel in the first act before they recovered the Waverider?

They have Ava’s Time Bureau thingy which lets them to step through a portal.

Ah, ok. After the Time Bureau got blown up, they were always just portalling to and from the Waverider, so I think I just assumed that was part of her systems, but that makes sense.

There are a few of those devices floating about. Ava certainly has one and most likely Nate, too. Mick probably also has one as he went off in search of Sara.

BTW, that was just a straight up Raiders of the Lost Ark homage, right?

Which part was that? I noticed the homage to Alien – the part where Spooner was chasing a literal alien on a darkened spaceship.

look - now ava and sarah have another thing in common!

But why?

“heavy”

S0607 Back to the Finale: Part II

BACK IN TIME - *With Ava a wreck, Behrad and the Legends make a last-ditch effort to keep Sara from being abducted in the first place, even knowing that it will alter the timeline. Sara grapples with what she has just discovered about herself but is also shocked when Rory finds her on the mystery planet. With no time to spare, Sara, Mick and Gary devise a plan to help defeat Bishop (guest star Raffi Barsoumian). Meanwhile, Spooner envisions what her life would be like if she hadn’t joined the Legends.

Spooner: Where the hell are we?
Astra: Last year’s finale.
Spooner: What’s a finale?
Nate: You’ll see.
:grin:

I was hoping that the Legends would interact with David Bowie more, now that they knew he was there. But they played it fairly close to Back to the Future Part II rules and rarely interacted with the past people, and most certainly not with their past selves. Also, both Ava in situ and Sara in futuro figured out almost immediately what the Legends were up to.

And so we finally got Sara back. That can’t be the end of Bishop, right? He’s probably stashed himself on a flash drive somewhere. I’m sure we’ll also see Kayla again.