Lemmy Kilmister has died

I liked him as the Chorus in Tromeo And Juliet.

[quote=“bobot, post:5, topic:741601”]

Damn, he hasn’t been doing well the past year or so, and I’ve been dreading this news. He’s with Philthy, raising hell.

[/QUOTE]

Hell isn’t ready for Lemmy.

saw them twice, in 1993 and 1994.

I picture Lemmy and St. Peter both being very surprised to find out that he is on the list, with Satan demanding a recount.

FUCK!:(:(:(:(:(:(:frowning:

When your rock Gods die your youth is truly gone!:mad:

My best friend said that when Joe Strummer died.

From here:
***“play Lemmy’s music LOUD. Have a drink or few. Share stories. Celebrate the LIFE this lovely, wonderful man celebrated so vibrantly himself. HE WOULD WANT EXACTLY THAT.”

Alright. Crank THIS!!!

Thursday: 70th birthday
Friday: Christmas Day
Saturday: Diagnosed with cancer
Sunday: ??
Monday: Died.

Lemmy sure knew how to fill in a week.

A lighter side of Lemmy. With Ozzy! :slight_smile:

Lemmy and Doro.

I was lucky enough to see Motorhead 4 times in my life. Always a tight show, always a crowd pleaser. I always play Capricorn on my birthday this month (Wednesday), but this news already makes the song depressing. RIP, \m/.

“Philthy Animal” Taylor, their drummer, just died in November.

This past month has not been a good one for Motorhead. :frowning:

Lemmy and Wendy O.

Well, shit. This shouldn’t be surprising, but it is. Seen them at least five times over the years, including the gig where these guys opened. Was that really twenty years ago?

I got some new speakers for Xmas, and they’ll be getting a severe workout tomorrow, starting with this.

No one ever did it like Lemmy. Mic high, throat bulging, muttonchops and a Ric bass held like a samurai sword.

Rest in Power, Lemmy.

Sparky! said he seemed like a nice guy. I think this story proves that.
As we know, Lemmy set the microphone at a great height when he sang. His explanation? When Motörhead were first starting out, their audience may have consisted of just 10 people and a dog. Lemmy said “so I set the microphone high and I didn’t have to look at the audience.” He said it was better than realizing he was playing for 10 people and a dog.
RIP Lemmy

I genuinely thought he was indestructible. At least he can get some sleep now. Rest in loud noise, Lemmy.

To be clear, Phil hadn’t been in the band for a long time and Mikkey Dee has actually been the drummer for longer than Phil. Of course, it doesn’t matter now; Eddie and Phil were replaceable, but they’ll never replace Lemmy.

Sunday: drinking Jack and Coke and playing video poker at the Rainbow.

I had a chance to go see them here in town a couple of months ago and didn’t because of a professional engagement. What a mistake that was. :frowning:

There’s been a lot of hard hits to the rock and metal community in recent months, but this is the saddest for me. I found out at the gym last night and, be damned, I almost wept there. I’ve been a fan of his for a long time, and as others have said, his influence is difficult to overstate. Even for those who aren’t fans of rock or metal and may not have heard of him have probably heard a Motorhead song or two at some point and have definitely heard their influence.

I’d suggest a moment of silence, but that wouldn’t be his style. So, instead, rock on and blast some metal in Lemmy’s memory.

Noooo!!!

Acoustic Motorhead:

I Ain’t No Nice Guy: Motörhead - I Ain't No Nice Guy - YouTube

Whorehouse Blues: - YouTube

Damn. I would’ve bet that he’d make it to 100 just out of sheer defiance.

I only discovered Motorhead a few years ago, but it was in just enough time to see them live when they played Seattle (for the last time ever) in 2011. I was all the way up front, less than ten feet away from Lemmy and directly in front of his amp - close enough to count his chest hairs. A chill went down my spine when he asked the crowd “How’s everyone doing tonight?”, the crowd cheered, and he responded “We’ll fix that”. We are Motorhead. We play rock & roll."

I drove home afterward with the radio off because it was physically painful to hear things, my ears didn’t stop ringing for about a day and a half and I may have suffered permanent hearing damage, but it was well worth it.

I think today I’m going to crank up some classic albums, enjoy some red meat and Jack Daniel’s, and pour one out on the curb for Lemmy.

If anyone hasn’t seen the 2010 documentary Lemmy, I highly recommend it. I expect VH-1 Classic will be showing it again soon.

According to Motorhead’s Twitter, the Rainbow let him borrow his favorite poker machine when he got sick and he was sitting in front of it when he died, so at least he went out doing what he loved.