Lessons I've learned from pop music

Someone may have shot the sheriff, but that does not necessarily mean that he shot the deputy.

She threw the letter away.

The god of hellfire wants me to burn.

Unmarked helicopters are hovering, proof that the Lord is coming soon.

Morris is cooler than Santa Claus.

She loves to love me, baby.

In her absence, sunlight seldom penetrates my windows.

The boogie wasn’t funky.

The “Big D” doesn’t mean Dallas.

She believed in me.

Bippy bop. Bop. Mmm, bop.

Bill needs to lay off pursuing that one girl, because she isn’t his girlfriend. She’s my girl, mmkay?

Might as well jump.

Crying won’t help you, praying won’t do you no good,
Now, crying won’t help you, praying won’t do you no good.

I have to be aware of:

1. When to hold them.
  2. When to fold them.
  3. When to walk away, and lastly
  4. When to run.

:smiley:

Nicely done.

One should not in fact, fear the reaper. Especially if your name is Mary.

Monkeys, if properly trained, can drive trains

If you date a girl named Layla, you will eventually be on your knees

You shouldn’t be angry if your mom smokes pot, hits the bottle and goes right to the rock

It’s always night when Bill Withers’ SO is absent.

Things are going to improve considerably when an Inuit with the unlikely name of Quinn arrives.

Jesus was also in Chicago before heading to New Orleans. On the way down, He turned the Mississippi River to wine.

He also builds hot rods.

They’ll hurt me bad but I won’t mind.

I know you’ve had problems, you’re not the only one.

Special favors come in 31 flavors.

I hope you know that this will go down on your PERMANENT RECORD.

Here are some of the things “you’ve got to” do…
…try a little tenderness
…hide your love away
…hold on for one more day
…go

My good friend Jeremiah? Not a gecko or a toad, that’s for damn sure. Not only that, the guy’s not really easy to understand. Nevertheless, you know that movie Sideways? He could totally identify with the main character’s hobby.

If you find yourself at a dance and are also looking for romance there’s a good possibility you may have to choose whether or not to take a chance.

Istanbul is no longer called Constantinople.

If I get fired from my job, the bank repos my car, I get disowned by my family, and my daughter gets taken away by CPS…I will have discovered what it means to be free.

Should Toni Braxton’s significant other decide to end their relationship, she will die of asphyxiation.

Though nobody has ever bothered to point it out until now, apparently, well, I’m a dog. And because I’ve never utilized my canine abilities to apprehend a rabbit, Elvis has declared me persona non grata.

Also, when going out on–or coming off of–the street, there will be people you’ll meet, you’re likely to feel some heat, hear a beat, and should be prepared to move your feet.

If I desire to be someone’s lover, it would be a particularly good idea to get with that individual’s friends.

Standing ovation! Bravo!

You can do anything you want to people as long as you don’t step on their shoes. Good to know.

Jazz is for crazy people, blues is for old farts, so you should just be allowed to play rock and roll, while your still in that first pair of shoes.

Wearing sunglasses at night is a-okay.

The future dream is a shopping spree.

If it keeps on raining levee’s going to break.

The best thing you can hope for is to die in your sleep.

Everything under the sun is in tune but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Although there are at least 50 ways to leave your lover, Paul Simon has seen fit to identify only a handful - leaving the remainder as an exercise for the listener.

1. Bird bird bird, buh-bird’s the word.

2. Believe it or not, “deep fried chicken” and “best friend STICKIN” can indeed be rhymed in a “musical” way.

3. How to spell “respect”

4. If you’re ever feeling alone, you will likely, at some point, pick up the phone.

5. Every breath you take, every move you make, every bond you break, every step you take, Sting will be watching you.

While everyone may indeed have heard that bird is the word, I’m afraid I must disagree. This bold claim has never been backed up by any rationale and we must be careful not to accept it on authority only.

This theory has given way to the more reasoned assertion that the word, actually, is “grease.” It does after all have both truth and meaning, and has the further advantage of being the way that we’re feeling.