Lessons I've learned from pop music

:rolleyes:
Uh, haven’t you heard? The word is love.

if you use sex as a weapon, you should stop…

when looking for a hot spot, assuming you are north of Havana, look no further than the Copa Cabana…

people continue to talk about the night Chicago died…

you may choose not to believe it is so, but it is magic…

you can actually be high on the mere belief that another person is in love with you…

when all modes of communication with your upstairs neighbor fail to work, you can use a system of knocking on the ceiling or pipes to discuss your level of want…

when Jeremy speaks in class, duck.

He also took a train to the coast with the rest of the trinity.

I’ve learned this handy formula. I take:
1 for my family
2 cause you left me
3 for my heartache
4 for my headache
5 for my lonely
6 for my sorrow
7 no tomorrow
8 I forget what eight is
9 for a lost god
10 for everything

Osculation is apparently the best way to determine the depth of a man’s feelings for you.

:smiley: The original version is clearer.

Love is a word? I thought love was a drug, quite possibly the one you are looking for.

Apparently, that song was not composed with me in mind.

Armed conflict serves no useful purpose.

You don’t need no doctor, all you need is your baby.

Romantic feelings for another person is similar to the Earth’s natural satellite smashing into your visual organ as tho it was some form of baked Italian flavoured flat bread with savory toppings.

Don Johnson spends a fair amount of time checking for life signs.

If you get a christmas card from a hooker, the upshot is that she needs money.

The passage of four hundred centuries leaves a foul odor.

Romantic feelings carry no price tag.

There is no particular dress code for street dancing.

The Book of Love has at least four chapters.

All the donut stores have names that sound like prostitutes.

Some people say that bowling alleys got big lanes

In addition to what was earlier said about Jesus, he was also a sailor. None of it really makes sense though because if he was alive today he’d be gunned down cold by the CIA.

I like to rock and/or roll all nite, and party every day.

Paradise is by the dashboard lights.

I would do anything for love…

Why, it’s a yellow rose I have on… thanks for asking.

If not Everybody, at least Somebody really should Wang Chung tonight.

D.D.? Is that you?

Women who like to eat dinner early in the evening are tramps.

Captain Smith apparently gave Pocahontas some kind of fever - likely the same one that Juliet gave Romeo. (I’m thinking it was the clap.)

When you’re planning to make somebody blue, it’s courteous to tell them so yourself and not wait for them to hear it through the grapevine.

Big girls don’t cry. They don’t cry-ay-ay. (They don’t cry.)

While you might feel tempted to pursue mocha chocolata yaya down in old New Orleans, you’re likely to be permanently changed by the experience.

Before fighting giant pink robots, make sure to take your vitamins.

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is not a particularly interesting conversationalist.

You can determine if a man is a cold-hearted snake by looking into his eyes (though, as others have noted, you can’t use the same methodology to determine if he really loves you, as you’ll be deceived.)

Your freedom of access to boisterous group experiences is something for which you would be wise to expect some resistance and confrontation.

Yes, you gotta fight for your right to paaaaaaaaaaarty.

When charged with homicide, being an impoverished young man from an impoverished family will not save you from Beelzebub’s devil.

If you lay track, you could have a locomotive. If you return the sky, you can have an airplane.

If one is clad in black with a diamond-star halo, one should make use of large, oriental percussion instruments.

Everybody wants to rule the world. And you really should call Blondie.

If Chevrolet owners drive to an embankment they will discover a distinct lack of moisture.

No. the Nevada officails want to extradite him for that after he serves the 7 consecutive 99 year sentances for cutting up them hookers in San Francisco.

I can’t believe that’s twice today I have had cause to make this observation.

On a related note, lay off that whiskey and let that cocaine be.

And if you have a hammer, you’re never satisfied. You always want more and more.

mm