Let's send Snapple some more "Fun Facts" for their bottle tops.

Before the invention of telephones, most people communicated telepathically.

Women’s underwear was once sewn of iron wool, later to be replaced by burlap.

For years, people thought the earth was not round but a cube.

The sun is nearly 3 times as far away as the moon.

The clutch was named for Gen. William Clutch, a civil war general. He was known to keep the troops from stalling.

At the height of his popularity, American songwriter Stephen Foster was the richest man in the world.

The legal definition of a shaft is “a black private dick who’s a sex machine to all the chicks” as per Bartlett’s Judicial Review Dictionary.

Q. Half of all Americans live within 50 miles of what?
A. Their birthplace. This is called propinquity.

Q. What do 100% of all lottery winners do?
A. Gain weight.

Q. What do bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers, and laser printers all have in common?
A. All invented by women.

Q. What is the only food that doesn’t spoil?
A. Honey

Q. What trivia fact about Mel Blanc (voice of Bugs Bunny) is most ironic?
A. He was allergic to carrots.

Q. What person, not a “Seinfeld” regular cast member, is featured on every episode of “Seinfeld”?
A. Superman, either by name or pictures on Jerry’s refrigerator.

Although, it is surprisingly good at removing permanantmarker

Grass is not actually green - it absorbs all other colors from the spectrum, and only reflects the green.

An eggplant is not a vegetable, but is in fact a large single-celled organism.

The reason stars appear to twinkle is because of thousands of tiny eathquakes that happen every second, but are too small to feel.

The Right Whale was named after U. S. Navy Captain Jonathan S. Whale.

Chief Sitting Bull was the first Amish Native American.

Gophers are not able to whistle at night.

King Tut’s favorite hobby was making pizza.

Vikings discovered a number system based on screaming.

Life In Hell! :smiley:

Question: Snapple is now the Official Beverage of a major city. Which one?

[Answer: Islamabad, Pakistan

A titmouse is not a tit, nor is it a mouse. It’s a small type of bear that hibernates during the summer.

But many of these, AFAIK (and shame on me if I’m wrong), are true. See the OP for reasons why this is not appropriate. :wink:

Almost a year ago, I wrote a letter to Snapple, Inc., asking if they had actually bothered looking at more than one source for any of their facts. They sent me back a photocopied sheet (well, sheets, in the plural) of every single Snapple fact and its “source.” The kicker? Almost every single one was a website, only one website. Some were even ordinary Geocities websites.

Yanno, if I were Snapple, Inc., (and thank God I’m not), I’d do a bit more fact-checking than randomly surfing the Internet and happening across some yahoo’s Geocities page where he or she makes the dubious claim of “In one average silver earring, there is enough energy to light the entire city of Bumfuck, USA, for a span of three and a half years, which is coincidentally the time span that one can continuously blow a trumpet before automatically transforming into a trumpet-playing duck.”

See more un-facts here and here.

Aphids can spontaneously combust wiothout dying.

The time cube.

• The average adult can cram 20 golf balls in their mouth.

• If all the toiletpaper in the world was lined up end to end, it would could wrap the world 12 times, cure cancer and make decent pot of tea.

• HE’S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!

The secret ingredient of McDonald’s Special Sauce is the pituitary gland secretion of a rare species of Belgian rabbit.

A mule belonging to Queen Victoria lived to the age of 105.

-The movie 2001: A Space Odyssey* is really based on a true story on secret advanced space travel that the Russians and NASA had developed. The 1969 moon landing was a diversion to keep Americans from knowing NASA’s ties with the Communists.

Colonel Sanders was really a brigader general.

The number “six” isn’t real.

A railroad engineer thrown off a cliff doesn’t scream, and no one knows why.

The tuxedo was named after Henry D. Tuxedo, who, to the end of his life, never wore one.

“In Like Flynn” was named after early 20th-century boxer “Fireman Jim” Flynn.

If the entire Cabinet is wiped out, then I become President.

Actually, the number “six” is real, but only after 6 PM on Thursdays