Let's send Snapple some more "Fun Facts" for their bottle tops.

I howled with laughter at this one.

The inside of your eyelid is covered with an extremely fine hair. Whenever you “get something” in your eye, it’s usually a one of those hairs coming loose.
The city of Houston, Texas was once situated in the location of Friendswood, Texas. A flood in 1877 moved the city hall some 30 miles up the Brazos River. Rather than rebuild, they just repaired the city hall building where the flood moved it and declared that was where the city is.
Wewoka, Oklahoma is the backstory hometown of the Wookie from Star Wars.
On Sesame Street, the characters of Bert and Ernie are based the cop and cab driver from It’s A Wonderful Life and are straight. The character Cookie Monstre, though, was original written as a flaming homosexual, which explains his “queer eyes.”
Flan was originally made from chihuahua fur and urine. Now, it is usually made from spider’s eggs and dill pickle brine, with artificial flavouring.

True, but you’re allowed to do it using your left hands.

The first half sounds about right, for a large earring and a small city. Of course, you can’t get it most of it out without an equivalent mass of antimtter, or there’d be a bigger market for silver earrings :smiley:

George Clinton is the longest-serving Prime Minister in world history, serving from 1969 to 1983, 1987 to 1988, and from 1991 to 1997.

Cecil Adams preferes to be addressed as Harry Skoras, and only the Attorney General knows why.

Smiling supresses the gag reflex.

I may have to ZOT you for this one!

No one has ever drowned in the canal connecting Milwaukee with Sacramento.

In 1934, a team of 14 Canadian Boy Scouts was swept over the Niagra Falls. All survived.

“Atacama” is the longest word to contain three letter As.

In England, it is illegal for anyone but the aristocracy to own stocks and shares.*

A puffin and a penguin are actually the same bird - the name depends on whether they’re in the northern or the southern hemisphere.

A leopard does not actually have any spots.

The only word officially allowed to be sung in competition by the Swiss Yodelling Society is “Jödelai”, which is the name of the founder’s wife.

Fungus was first discovered in Botswana.

*This was a real GQ last week!

Would it be counter the spirit of “fighting ignorance” for me to compile some of the more believable ones here into a glurge email and see how long it takes for them to get back to GQ?

Waffle Stompers were preceeded by three miserable years with the Pancakers.

Inhaling through a flute is one way to attract butterflies.

Most of the barley and hopps used by Trappist Monks are provided by a Topeka nunnery.

Do it, jjiimm! I’ll help distribute it. My e-mail address is in my profile.

The number 7’s “lucky” status was nonexistant until Disney’s Snow White. The previous (and real) lucky number was 9.

The number 13 became an “unlucky number” relatively recently, when an unknown joker in the 19th century made up the word “triskadecaphobia”.

Famous left-handed Renaissance artist/scientist Leonardo DaVinci was, in reality, a right-handed woman.

Winston Churchill, Honus Wagner, and Isadora Duncan were all born with fully-functioning gills.

The first Roller Disco was opened in Italy in 1215 by Pope Innocent III.

“Queer Eye for the Straight Guy” was the original code phrase for the Normandy landings.

The hit “Survivor” reality-TV series started as a drunken dare from one studio executive to another.

Despite having about a million pairs of shoes, Imelda Marcos typically walked around wearing nondescript flip-flops.

Kentucky Fried Chicken changed their name to KFC because they don’t actually serve chicken anymore, it’s processed genetic material.

I know some people really believe that.

Snopes has the real story about KFC’s name change.

The yellow liquid they put on movie popcorn is actually melted yellow Crayola crayons. If you ask nice, they will use other color crayons.

Man, that Snopes story about KFC was great!! Some more great facts from those Snopes guys:

[ul]
[li]Mr. Ed was a zebra![/li][li]The California flag was originally supposed to have a pear, but a misspelling changed history![/li][li]Edgar Rice Burroughs naming his celebrated apeman after the city he lived in![/li][li]The nursery rhyme ‘Sing a Song of Sixpence’ originated as a coded message used to recruit crew members for pirate ships. [/li][/ul]