Lets try this again

I live in Michigan. I believe a Michigan State Police Officer gave my ex my address. Is there some way I can go to a police station, give my name, and see if my name was accessed? Within 5 weeks of my move, my ex was here. The ex has a friend, who has a relative, who is a Michigan State Police Officer. I know the specific time period this would have occurred, and I was never pulled over, nor was there any reason my name should have been looked up.

Peewee724, welcome to the boards.

Here are a couple of things you should keep in mind if you’d like to be a part of our community.

First, every question should go in the proper forum. General Questions is our forum for factual questions (as opposed to opinions, etc.). ATMB is the forum for questions that are, uh, about this message board. Your question is not about this message board; it’s a factual question, with a factual answer. So it should go in General Questions.

Second, we prefer descriptive thread titles. So instead of “Let’s Try This Again,” you could say something like “Obtaining police records in Michigan.”

Welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Greetings peewee724 and welcome to the Straight Dope Message Board!

The original thread was moved to General Questions then IMHO, by the way. Here’s the link: it has some discussion of the issue.

Peewee, as stated above, your topic was moved because it was in the wrong forum.

It’s located here <---- Just click that link.

Closing this since it’s still the wrong forum.