Life is good, or: the Long Wait is over. :)

Thanks guys! :slight_smile:

lieu, actually, this particular sunnovabitch didn’t get around that much. As they explained, they only got out of Dallas one week a year. You guessed it: Vegas baby. He was also quite versed in all things European, and commented me on my stylish European hiking boots.

Timberlands. :smiley:

Anyways, what can you do - every town has its asshole. I guess we met the Dallas version.

Yea! Europe needs more American imports…

You two going to be able to make the PragueDope? Room’s all set.

So she’s moving into your apartment? Big enough for both of you, or is she going to find out that IKEA’s stuff is not just stylish, but made for maximizing space?

Wow, I bet you must be relieved that the two of you can go through cavity searches together when travelling back to the US from A’dam. What a bonding experience for your marriage… :smiley:

Take care, hope to see you soon.
-Tcat

Well, she’s the one with the Yankee passport, so she’ll only get searched for firearms. As for me, well… I have the Cloggie passport. Assume the position, sir. :smiley:

Yes, Heloise will be moving in with me. It’s not super big, but roomie enough for two people who don’t mind being cosy. :slight_smile:
Plenty of IKEA stuff already about, but chances are a few more trips will be needed, seeing how much stuff is being shipped over! :smiley:

And yes, we will be in Prague, 99% sure. Thing is, she’s still dealing with the aftermath of a car crash, so we’ll have to see how the treatments go. But if she improves enough, we’re definitely there. Don’t book anything on our behalf just yet, though.

Interracial? :dubious:
Aren’t you both humans?

When it comes to love we all bleed the same color.

Coldie and Heloise: How can I post sufficient congratulations on a message board? How can I state in text the “whatever it is” when I see you two together? How can I give you a hearty handshake and a hug in this small Reply Box? (Or even a laurel, and hardy handshake? :smiley: ) So I’ll just have to say…

I’m very happy for you both.

:smack: Damn, I blew the schick! “A laurel and hearty handshake.”

Johnny, we still love ya, even if you do screw up your own jokes. :smiley:

Shirley: the jury’s still out whether I’m human or not, but it’s a clear cut case as far as my wonderful bride is concerned: she’s positively angelic. :slight_smile:

You may all throw up now.

And I apparently can’t even spell “schtick”.

I think I’ll go to work now…

Oh, I don’t know. A “Laurel and Hardy handshake” is pretty funny, too. :wink:

Congrats…

Brainiac4 just pointed out we are coming up on our tenth anniversary. I hope you are as happy as we have been. I’d wish you happier, but I’m not sure its possible - or wanted - sometimes the little unhappiness is a requirement to make you appreciate the overall joy.

(BTW, The Netherlands is passing a law forbidding unsolicited toe sucking?! Quite the country you are choosing to move your bride to.)

Ha! Well, it’s a little more nuanced than that. Apparently, there’s this guy in Rotterdam who gets off on sucking on women’s toes. All fine and dandy, but not when you do it in a city park, with sunbathing strangers.

So, some ladies complained, and the man was apprehended. But they couldn’t really charge him with anything: assault or rape is defined as being violent and/or sexually focused, by Dutch law. Sure, it’s unwanted behaviour, but legally, it’s not the same as -say- knocking someone upside the head. So they had to let him go. The cops seemed to believe the arrest would be enough of a deterrent. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the well-wishes, I’m pretty ecstatic myself. Stressed about trying to get everything done in time, but insane with happiness, too.

I just had some other type of injection today, not the useless epidurals I’ve been having, but something just as painful. I can’t remember the exact name, but it’s something like sacroiliac block injection. If this puppy works, I hopefully don’t have to worry about getting further treatment and can run around Amsterdam like I was meant to. :slight_smile:

The guy we met from Texas was something else, indeed. I couldn’t take him too seriously because he was thoroughly drunk and hellbent on offending whomever he could. And his lovely wife was so embarrassed and obviously mortified by his behavior, there was no reason to punish her along with him.

Johnny, I love your puns, even when you blow them. I’m sure there’s a joke in there somewhere, but I’ll leave it to you to come up with one. :slight_smile:

Congratulations, Honeydew and Em! I wish you joy and happiness.

Auntie em, yes, we have similarities, but did you get married on as cool a date as Leap Day? :smiley:

What are you doing up at this hour? :slight_smile:

The anaesthesia knocked me out for hours today, but now I can’t seem to sleep. One would think the three Darvocets would have countered the two Pepsis, but apparently not. :slight_smile:

Hmmm. I could sing you a lullaby, but I don’t want to make more people physically ill than I already have with this thread. :wink:

No, and I’m horribly jealous that I didn’t think of it! Major kudos to you for–ahem–brilliantly modifying my wedding ideas. :wink: :smiley:

Shirley Ujest, you’re absolutely right–we all bleed the same color (though hopefully love doesn’t cause too much bleeding ;)), and ultimately that’s all that matters. However, the similarities between our wedding and Coldfire and Heloise’s wedding are just a bit coincidental, don’t you think? :wink: I think Heloise must have gotten hold of my Garfield diary. :smiley:

Aw, you guys are so sweet! Congratulations!

(My man and I celebrate our 6th month anniversary tomorrow. We got married in Vegas, too!)

No worries, Coldfire , I have read the whole thread and I am just smiling for you both…

Best wishes :slight_smile:

Well, it’s about time . . . uh, I mean I’m very happy for both of you. :cool:

The thing that kills me about interracial marriages is that who freaking cares if someone is one color or another? It’s hard enough to find companionship and love in one color, why not branch out and increase your odds?

Those that are bigots about it all haven’t found true love in any favor (let alone the vanilla world they live in) and that is just sad.

Don’t we all deserve to be wonderfully happy driving that special someone nuts down the road of life?