Life is good, or: the Long Wait is over. :)

How’d I miss this? Note to self: read the SDMB now and then.

Congratulations, you two! Wishing you much happiness, and may Heloise be free of pain very shortly!

Yay! I’m glad you two are finally going to be cohabitating.

It’s about time! Hope all goes well with the move and Heloise’s medical treatment.

I’m just gonna miss you by a few days - I arrive in A’dam on the 18th and leave on the 25th. Please arrange for no rainstorms during that time. Mostly sunny and in the 70s would be perfect.

First of all, I love Mary Kay. Second, Coldfire, I can’t possibly imagine you “speaking ghetto” irl, so when you type it, you baffle me. :slight_smile: Third, beckwall, you may want sunny days, but I’m in Phoenix right now and will take all the rain I can get when I get there!

Now, it took me a bit of time to respond to this, but please, someone, take mercy and don’t let me be the threadkiller! :smiley:

Always glad to help out. Don’t worry about lack of rain. We had too much of it the last few days.

There are lot’s of nice places here in the Netherlands to pick up all those little doo-dads and thingies that just scream: “I’m married, and my wife does all the decorating. I even had to move my PlayStation to the attic, that’s how whipped I am”. My wife also shares the penchant for zebra (and panther) patterns. just make sure not to overdo it, because the big windows (and no drapes) prevalent here, means all your neighbours can look and laugh at you.

So Coldfire, when are you taking Heloise to Volendam to take the obligatory picture of the two of you in traditional Dutch garb? There are some nice examples here. :smiley:

I’m fluent in ghetto! Well, OK, maybe not so much in American ghetto. :slight_smile:

And Mycroft, we already visited Volendam last year. Personally, I hate that inbred little unmannered eal valhalla, but it sure makes for nice snapshots (I actually typed “snapshits” first, believe it or not). :slight_smile:

BTW, I’m keeping her the hell away from stores like whatsitcalled, the lifestyle & gadget one where you can buy all those silly reed baskets and potpourri containers and such? I forget the name… there’s one in the PC Hooftstraat, for example.

Oh, you mean the HEMA right? :smiley: Sorry, that’s probably too much of an inside joke to those not familiar with Holland. HEMA is like the Dutch version of what Woolworth’s used to be in the States.

Actually, HEMA (along with Albert Heijn and Blokker) would be a real example of what it means to be Dutch, much more than Volendam or Kinderdijk ever will be.

You’re right about Volendam by the way, but for some reason all my Brazilian relatives seem to think it is the very epitome of Dutchness, so I have to go there at least once a year. I much prefer Harderwijk for my paling and haring needs. :smiley: This seems like a good opportunity to use my sig by the way.

Which I of course forgot to do. :smack:

AGAIN!!! :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack:

Ha ha, malloot. :slight_smile:

The store I’m referring to is basically an expensive Blokker. Somewhere in the back of my head, the name Lifestyle is presenting itself. Yes, really. What kind of a name is that? What, my lifestyle is supposed to be defined by little cilinders that make your crapper smell like the moors, and a reed basket with dried fruit and hay? F off! :smiley:

Well, so far you’re more of a thread resurrector, aren’t you? :slight_smile:

Coldfire, the happiness of you two (and everybody congratulating) just radiates from this tread. Congrats!
Oh, and wasn’t that store “Dille and Kamille”? Stay away from it, I tell you! ::rearranges cute oldfashioned three-piece wicker eggbeater-set::

Coldfire, I love all your smilies in this thread.

Usually when I see your username, I think: “[Jules from Pulp Fiction/] Bad Mutha**cka[/JFPF]”

But your posts here are warm and snuggly. I wish you and your ever-loving Heloise all the happiness and good times Fate can bring.

Cheers! :smiley:

OK, the hour is nigh! :slight_smile:

My sweet bride is currently sleeping like a baby. Either that, or wide awake and totally stressing out, whichever comes first. :slight_smile:
But in about 6 hours, she’ll be on a plane bound for Newark, and in about 21, she will be in my arms. Wooo! :slight_smile:

[sub]ThatDuckIsEvil, I’m still a bad mothaf*ckah, rest assured. No, really![/sub]

OK, at the risk of nauseating all of you, here’s the latest.

My sweetheart took off from Newark some 15 minutes ago, bound for Amsterdam. She lands in 7 hours from now. :):):slight_smile:

Time to catch some sleep, wake up, get all purty, and pick her up. :smiley:

Hey. Wait. You and SkipMagic are an interracial couple? He assured me he was black the other day!
Congrats, Coldie and Heloise! I’m very happy for you!

I’m happy for you Coldie. I’m about to launch into the international marriage thing myself and it is good to know there are others around who have made it work.

I guess we won’t be seeing you on the boards for a few days. :wink:

Congratulations, Coldfire. Best of wishes. :slight_smile:

“Mommy! Coldfire’s getting pointy!

:smiley:

>>it’s not for a holiday - it’s for good.

;j