List cool movies that apparently nobody else has seen.

Personally, I’d go with:

Hard Core Logo: A documentary of Canadian Punks reuniting for one last tour. Great film.

Permanent Midnight: A captivating tale of briliant writer ruining himself with drug abuse.

Dark City: Just watch it.

I believe it was called “The New Morning of Billy The Kid.” It was like the Seven Samurai, except it included such heroes as the cast of T.V.'s “Combat”, Billy the Kid, A personification of the Japanese fashion magazine Popeye. There were a couple of famous Samurai as well, but I don’t remember who they were. Wierd, neat movie, but it seems like a dream now. Does anyone else remember who else was among the seven?

Doomed Generation - No one I know has seen this movie. It stars Rose McGowen and a few guys I’ve seen in indie movies. Its just too weird to discribe. If you like Rose, then this is her at her most evil best.

[Mr. Frost]

Jeff Goldblum plays the devil who gets sent to a sanitarium after a serial killing spree. Its the devil versus the skeptical scientists who try to ‘understand’ why he is doing these acts. Very good film

Schizopolis. It’s a bizarre indie film written, directed by and starring Steven Soderbergh (sex, lies and videotape). Completely absurd and surreal and pretty funny. Definitely not for everybody - in fact, not for damn near anybody. I enjoy it immensely.

Miracle Mile

The Mighty

Kieran Culkin shows how much more infinitely talented he is than his older brother. Advertised as a Sharon Stone movie, but it has almost nothing to do with her. It’s about two kids who work together to defeat the bullies - it is one of the best movies in the world. With outstanding music by Sting.

Cannibal the Musical - None of my real life friends had seen this until I showed it to them and, surprisingly, after mentioning it a few times on the boards, I’m starting to think that no 'dopers have seen it either. It’s the (somewhat) true story of Alferd Packer, the only man ever convicted of cannibalism in the united states. It was made by Trey Parker and Matt Stone (of South Park fame) as a film school project. It’s hilarious, check it out.

Cube. A group of people have to solve mathematical puzzles in order to escape from a series of interconnecting cubes. The cast includes Ezri Dax from Deep Space Nine.

Hmm I’d have to do with Dead Alive. It’s an indie horror movie. The sad part is there is nothing actually scary about it. Yes there is tons of gore but the thing that sold me on this movie was the unbelievable amount of comedy that was in it. Call me crazy but this is quiet possibly one of my favorites of all time.

Shakes The Clown.
Bobcat Goldthwait as an alcoholic clown. Dark and hillarious. Lots of fun small cameo appearances from tons of other comics from Adam Sandler to Robin Williams. And Florence Henderson (Mrs. Brady) as a floosy. How could you go wrong?

AKA Braindead. By Peter Jackson, of Heavenly Creatures / Lord of the Rings fame.

Yay New Zealand!

Well, I doubt more than a handful of people would’ve heard of more than a handful of titles in my collection, but my pick is Chun Sam Ying Hung/ A Hero Never Dies. Near perfection; virtually every scene is beautiful and mesmerizing in its own way… All on a low budget. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again a million times… Johnny To is a god.

The Doom Generation is one of the most obnoxious pieces of crap I’ve ever seen, and I watched most of it on fast-forward. Greg Araki needs a boot in the ass.

Tetsuo: The Iron Man. A very weird Japanese flick.

I thought I had it wrong. Yeah, its obnoxious,but I thought it was kinda neat.

I was just thinking about old Tetsuo. I was wondering if last nights x-files had been influenced by it.

You’re right though. It was strange and, frankly, a little dull IMHO.

That’s ‘Doom Generation’, and I just watched it for the first time last night at http://www.cinemanow.com. I thought it was pretty pointless and stupid, but somewhat entertaining. The ending was pretty messed up.

“Celine and Julie Go Boating.” I always whip that one out when it is Stump the Movie Expert time. I saw it at a college art-film festival and I haven’t seen it since. What a weird film. Kinda like MC Escher takes LSD and wanders through a Balzac novel…

[Damn it… we’re in a tight spot!] Sigh…loved that movie…

Hey Cisco, I got a real bad movie headache after seeing Cannibal: the Musical. Damn that movie was horrible, but my great (and slightly twisted) friend insists its the funniest thing since Gilbert Godfrey. Then again, I was laughing my ass off at the previews of some of the other movies that film company produced like The Toxic Avenger: Citizen Toxie.

Oh, hardly anybody knows about Six-String Samurai. One of my favorite flicks I own. Basically, the U.S. was nuked by the Russians in 1957 and was taken over. Elvis and some survivors fled to “Lost Vegas” and he became king. Some 30 years later he dies and a whole bunch of samurai guitarists flock to Lost Vegas to become the new king. The main character is one such guitarist who happens to vaguely resemble Buddy Holly.

I don’t know if it quite qualifies as unknown, but I have got to give mad props to “Ghost Dog”, a recent movie that I don’t believe had any real mainstream success. It was gritty, touching, hilarious in some places, violent and disturbing in others. Although my love may fade with age, it’s definitely in my all time top five right now.