List of things I'm starting to get tired of hearing lately . . .

MEDIA FIGURES MAKING CONTROVERSIAL STATEMENTS, THEN BACKING OFF AND RE-SPINNING THEM UNDER PRESSURE. Bill Mahr and the head of ABC had every right to speak their minds. Since when do we punish people for free speech, even when what they say is stupid? Oh yeah, John Rocker.

CELEBRITIES BEING ASKED HOW THEY ARE DEALING WITH THE THREAT OF TERRORISM. Sorry, Acess Hollywood, I don’t give a single shit about how John Travolta has his help handle and inspect his mail for him. They have it real tough out there in Lala land, don’t they? Do me a favor, and shut your pie hole and raise money for victims families, okay, L. Ron???

BEING LECTURED ON HOW NOW WE CAN APPRECIATE HOW LUCKY WE ARE TO BE AMERICAN, AND HOW WE HAD IT TOO GOOD IN THE 90S ANYWAY Hmmm . . yeah your right, I have always hated my country, and should be punished for finally working my way up to a nice job and buying a house. Fuck-you very much!

WE MUST BE CAREFUL NOT TO OFFEND THE MUSLIM WORLD. Diplomacy certainly is merited in this military campaign- but I’m reaching my limit of patience. At what point to we stop pandering to the Muslim religion? We are going to stop bombing on Ramadan? Okay, only if Osama bin-Laden promises not to kill any Americans during the 12 days of Christmas. If the Taliban is smart, they would declare a 365 day religious Holy season, then we will have no choice but to just stop attacking them!

MOVIES AND TV SHOWS CHANGING THEIR SHOTS OR ADVERTISING SO AS NOT TO OFFEND Look, if you already shot a movie and it has the WTC in it . . . . WE WILL GET OVER IT!!! For crying out loud, I went to see “Naked Gun” right after the OJ murders, and while the audience laughed when Juice was on screen, it really didn’t affect the movie. We already know that you had NO CLUE this was going to happen before the attack, AND DO NOT BLAME YOU.

As much as I do believe it’s true…

NOBODY HAS TO KEEP TELLING ME THAT THE FIREMEN ARE THE REAL HEROES!

I got it. I GOT IT A LONG LONG TIME AGO.

Anthrax.

Anthrax. Anthrax anthrax. Anthrax anthrax anthrax anthrax anthrax anthrax. Anthrax. Anthrax anthrax anthrax anthrax anthrax anthrax anthrax anthrax anthrax. Anthrax anthrax.

Anthrax!

“Antrhax anthrax anthrax anthrax anthrax, anthrax anthrax anthrax anthrax anthrax. Anthrax anthrax anthrax anthrax anthrax anthrax, anthrax anthrax anthrax anthrax anthrax.”

And yet, I’ve heard a few reporters refer to Michael Jordan as a hero.

Hint to media: We get it! YOU DON’T!

I hate hearing this that and the other thing we do supposedly makes the terrorists think they’ve won.

I just had to pipe in and say this is the best laugh I’ve had in days!

I hate this so much that I use it all the time.

If my husband doesn’t pass me the remote immediately, the terrorist have truly won.

if I don’t get sprinkles on my ice cream, the terrorists have won

If I don’t got to the gym by four…the terrorists have won.

jar

Hallelujah! Amen!*

*Oops, looks like I’ve got religion.
Terrorists = 1
Me = 0

…I’m not the only one! God, my boyfriend did this last night. (This because, earlier, he told me, poor Angel who doesn’t have a TV in her dorm room, that there was a chemical attack in Denver, then laughed when I bitched him out after checking the CNN webpage. I tend to believe him. As Denver is still–obviously–doing fine, I was none too amused by this prank, and told him so). “If you’re so scared by the idea of war, then the terrorists have truly won.”

Fortunately, I’m an independent woman, so I told him where to stick it :D.

Can someone remind me when I (assuming I am a part of “we”) punished John Rocker? I seem to be unable to recall that. I recall his employer punishing him for something-or-other, but that’s all that comes to mind.

It’s probably when you were whipping batteries at him from the bleachers.

Assuming, of course, that “you” are part of the “we”, who were acutally “they” that were throwing batteries at “him”.

My brain is sprained now.

Re: “Things i am so tired of hearing” I have a few of my own:

1. I think of you as a brother/friend.
  2. I’m sure that happens to every guy at least one.
  3. I’d rather eat a bag of s*** than go out with you!

Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Actually I wasn’t going to quite THAT far . . .but I AM getting a little tired of the NYPD/NYFD worship. I’m tired of seeing Jim Fassel wear a NYPD hat on the sidelines . . .I’m tired of every Yankees home game getting interrupted at the seventh inning so we can have another fucking ceremony . . .I’m tired of NYPD Blue and every cop show dedicating their shows to the firefighters and policemen . . . I’m sick of the political TV ads shamelessly ripping on the other guy because he would sign a bill for more insurance for firefighters . . . it’s like someone pointed out earlier, OTHER people died too- like, military personnel at the Pentagon??? I don’t see Marty Schottenheimer wearing a camaflouge cap on the sidelines at Redskins games.

And if I hear ONE MORE TIME “They run towards the danger while everyone else runs away” as if to insinuate that only policemen and firemen are brave, the rest of us are cowardly pussies. That line was good for a couple weeks, but now I’m sick of it, it’s a cliche.

Actually, theres two very good reasons for me to “run away”:

1. I would be IN THE WAY
  2. I am not armed, nor do I have fucking fire rescue training!!!

Your right- WE GET IT ALREADY FOR GODSAKES!!! Besides, I already had respect for cops and firefighters before the media FINALLY caught on. The same media that would jump all over the police every time they shot some scumbag criminal.

Boy am I angry today! :frowning:

I’m pretty tired of hearing people go on about how they’re now petrified of flying/opening mail/visiting New York or Washington/going to a public place/leaving the house. (And I’m mostly talking about family members here.)

DAMMIT, YOU’RE STILL MORE LIKELY TO WIN THE LOTTERY THAN TO DIE IN A TERRORIST ATTACK!

Just get on with it.

Get on with what, winning the lottery or dying in a terrorist attack?

Get on with whatever the fuck you were doing. Go about your business, move along, nothing to see here.

Great. Now I can’t get the image of that stupid insurance company’s duck out of my head.

Thing I am most tired of hearing…

“The administration has concluded, based on information developed, that there may be additional terrorist attacks within the United States and against United States interests over the next week”

Vague rejoinders to be more alert, as we’ve heard vague rumors to the effect that there may be a vague threat sometime in a vague timeframe.

I know, I should be alert. In order to be any more alert, I’d actually have to have multifaceted eyeballs, hearing like the Bionic Woman, the reflexes of an adolescent Playstation junkie, and mainline a quart of pure caffeine. We’re alert already! Telling us we should be more alert isn’t going to accomplish anything, except inspiring panic attacks that make the radio broadcast of the War of the Worlds look like the graduation ceremony at West Point. At least make up something for us to be specifically paranoid about, like say “Please do not eat any cheese products on Wednesday or Thursday between 6:15am and 1:29pm in the following states: Idaho, Massachusetts, and Kentucky. Thank you” or “We warn all citizens of the United States to be on the lookout for a skinny guy named Chip, and his lovable pet spider-monkey, Chichi. If you see these primates, please report them to your local authorities.”

I swear, the government is just taking all those “stay out of the malls on Halloween” email spam in earnest.

I’m tired of hearing about how the NY Yankees have some sort of manifest destiny to win the World Series. It’s not fair to other teams, or fans of other teams, or the Yankees themselves. Even Lou Pinella bought into that “the people of New York need this” hooey.

Speaking as a New Yorker, I don’t think the World Series should be presented as some sort of contest about who feels the most sympathy for the children of dead firemen. I’m sure every Diamondbacks fan (is that who they’re playing?) has oodles of sympathy for the victims of the September 11 attacks. I entertain wicked fantasies of the Yankees losing the series, and Rudy calling a press conference to tell us that just because the Yankees let down all the poor little kids who lost their fathers in the WTC, we should still consider rooting for them next year.