Lonely in the age of telecommunications

Sorry I was flippant.
Have you considered dating sites? Seems to be a bunch of them.

Why is this in the Pit?

“That’s the right question.”

I notified the mods about it, but I’m betting they’re kind of busy right now moving the furniture and such.

bumping this thread partly just to see what that looks like.
I see people I used to have on ignore are not any longer. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Yeah. That occurred to me and I saved a copy of my ignore list–though I doubt most will need to go back on it since they’ve since been banned.

I meant to come in to the temp forum and suggest that to others, but I got distracted.

And don’t forget, they can see you.

If it makes you feel any better, most of us make a point of avoiding Torrence Beach. But now I’m dying to know which nationality is so offensive to the people of Torrence?

Seriously–you can’t expect anyone to tell you how to find the love of your life if you’re too coy to even name the country where you live–especially as you claim not only that it is “unique in its own way,” but also

grabs robe

:flushed:

I’m in Iran, please don’t judge me when you’re not in my shoes.

Well, OK, assuming this is on the level – then, which part of Iran? And are you male or female? If you seriously want advice, these points are obviously going to make a big difference. You apparently have some resources, (especially if your English is not simply translated), but even then, advice for a man living in Tehran is going to be totally different from advice for a woman out in an Iranian small town. And how old are you?

I assume you live with your family–are they “liberal” or “conservative”? Are you willing to go against their wishes to find the “love of your life”? Are you yourself willing to meet someone outside of the faith, (assuming your family is Muslim)? You know how complicated that is. It also seem like you’ve already applied for a student visa. However slow that may be, studying abroad is probably your best option if you’re dead set on getting out. What is your educational background?

I have no idea about online dating. You complain about it, but it seems to work for some people. I guess they figure out how to make it work, but I’m sure it’s more complicated for someone in Iran. I assume you’re looking on international websites. From the start, you should make very clear with anyone your situation. If you’re interacting with non-Muslims, outside of Iran, they probably have no idea what your situation is like. That will help you sort out the serious from the non-serious people on the website.

Don’t be so sure about that. I can’t speak for Torrance Beach, but you would fit right in in Tehrangeles, the largest Persian population outside of Iran.

A 25 years-old male in one of the “best” metropolises of Iran, so it’s not a small town. My English is not translated from Persian.

Yes, I live with my parents. I’m not so familiar with those two words. My family is not traditional but it has beliefs from both liberals and conservatives.

They aren’t against my wish of finding love abroad, in fact they sometimes recommend me to do so when they find out I chat with people who are the age of my parents, by saying that I should chat with women of my age.

My family and I are not Muslim and I’m not much interested to meet Muslims although we appreciate some rational and common things between religions. It’s illegal (fatal) to change your religion here, so we didn’t. I personally prefer Christianity over Islam.

Of course, studying abroad is always one of the best options, but I’ve lost my hope in that path in the case of Germany because there are so many applicants and the German embassy seems to be so irresponsible. Officially it can take years to get an appointment which doesn’t mean you’d get the visa just by going to that appointment. I have only about 12,000 Euros and it seem Germany is (was) the best country for that purpose.

Los Angeles and anywhere in America is much more difficult for me to go due to the Trump’s laws and there’s no American embassy here.