LOST - 12 Emmy noms!

Oustanding Casting for a Drama Series

Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series

Outstanding Singe-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series

Outstanding Music Composition for a Series (Dramatic Underscore)

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series – Naveen Andrews

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series – Terry O’Quinn

Outstanding Drama Series

Outstanding Sound Editing for a Series

Outstanding Single-Camera Sound Mixing for a Series

Outstanding Special Visual Effects for a Series

Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series (2 noms)

Terry O’Quinn is Locke

Naveen Andrews is Sayid

If Terry O’Quinn doesn’t win, there’s something very wrong with the world.

Good nom. I hope it wins.

My favorite.

Yep, our two main men. I hope one of them wins.

A big one. A win would be huge.

They take a lot of big chances.

Ditto.

Another good nom.

I was surprised none of the females got a nod for Outstanding Ass on a Damn Good Actress.

What show is this? “Lost”? Never heard of it.

How usual/unusual is it for a series to have multiple actors named for the same nomination?

-Joe

I don’t know. It looks to me like they couldn’t pick a lead actor because they all seem to trade off leading.

I was watching the season over again and I began wondering if Jack is supposed to be the main character. Usually the first character you meet is your main character but this show is so unusual and as it is pointed out they switch between them. I think the main character is actually left up to each individual viewer. I’m growing more and more attached to Locke such that I see him as growing into the main character for me.

So I think Terry O’Quinn has it nailed, if not I’m proposing we pool resources and buy him a damned trophy because he deserves one.

I like Naveen but, eh, Terry is the one I’m driving for.

In this series, Terry O’Quinn takes my breath away. Yes, he’s that good.

Absolutely.

Abso-friggin-lutely!!

Not too unusual. The following is a list of shows that had at least 3 Supporting Actor nominations in the same year: The Rockford Files (1979), Hill Street Blues (1981, 1983, 1984), L.A. Law (1988, 1989, 1990), The West Wing (2001, 2002). Examples like Lost, with only 2 nominees, are even more common (the list in the last decade includes The Sopranos, The Practice, Law & Order, ER and Chicago Hope).

In 1982, Hill Street Blues occupied all 5 nominee slots, the only time (IIRC) that’s happened in the Supporting Actor category.