[QUOTE=cmkeller]
Locke’s vision that told him about Eko needing rescue from the bear was of Boone. I believe he did see Yemi in season 2, in the episode where Locke and Eko discover the Pearl. But that was in a dream (as was the Boone vision, the dream state being drug-induced).
[/QUOTE]
Right – it was the episode titled “?”. When they found the Pearl station. It was a vision of Eko climbing up the cliff, then finding Yemi at the top – ending with Eko falling. And when he hits the ground, waking up the dreamer – we find that the dreamer is Locke, not Eko. Apparently Locke had a vision that he was Eko, climbing up to the top and falling. (At least, that was how I interpreted it).
So Locke fell 8 stories and broke his back…and while recovering in his hospital (still bandaged), an orderly lifts him out of his bed? (a) Shouldn’t he have been in a full body cast, and (b) isn’t it a *bad idea * to pick up people with broken backs?
[QUOTE=jsc1953]
So Locke fell 8 stories and broke his back…and while recovering in his hospital (still bandaged), an orderly lifts him out of his bed? (a) Shouldn’t he have been in a full body cast, and (b) isn’t it a *bad idea * to pick up people with broken backs?
[/QUOTE]
Well, since they were tossing him in a wheelchair to go cruising around town I’d imagine that we saw that scene some long time after Locke’s “accident”.
That didn’t bother me. I got the feeling that once your back is broken and it’s determined that your spinal cord no longer reaches the bottom, what the hey…get this guy into occupational therapy as soon as possible.
What did bother me was the sight of John’s bare feet touching the metal foot-thingies. I just can’t stand cold feet. Then I thought, “duh, he can’t feel it…but would it have killed them to give the poor man a pair of socks?”
Forgive me for not keeping up, but I gots a question. The roomie & I were talking about it. A long way back, the main characters were in the jungle and they encountered the Others. The Lost folks were hiding in the underbrush, and we saw a line of Others walking through the jungle, single file, past them. I remember one of the Others we saw appeared to be a kid with a raggedy teddy bear.
Were those Others? Who was the kid? Why were they dressed in rags? Was it all a show? Did we ever find out?
[QUOTE=levdrakon]
I remember one of the Others we saw appeared to be a kid with a raggedy teddy bear.
Were those Others? Who was the kid? Why were they dressed in rags? Was it all a show? Did we ever find out?
[/QUOTE]
Did we see thesame teddy bear when the people saw Jack in the cage on the way to juliet’s trial? Even though we have been told that the kids are safe with the others, we haven’t been given a reason why they would be wandering in th ejungle in rags. We may never get a reason. One of the witnesses is dead and the other doesn’t speak English.
[QUOTE=Peter Morris]
The kids with the teddy bear were survivors from the tail section who were captured by The Others.
[/QUOTE]
That was several days later - after the point that Jin had joined Eko.
The Others that grabbed the kids were parading them around the jungle for days rather than just taking them straight to suburbia? I don’t believe that.
Anyone else considering the possibility that Locke’s Dad is part of the big conspiracy and was on the island BEFORE Locke? Or was the reason Locke was brought there in the first place?
Add me to the list that hopes it is NOT the smoke monster.