I thought this was a damned good episode. They’re really getting their groove back.
Unrelated, though, something that’s been gnawing at me. I recently finished Babylon 5 and was reading about the writing process. The creator/writer J. Straczynski had very clear goals about where he wanted the story to go, but there had to be short-term flexibility. He distinctly wrote trapdoors into the backstory of the show so that in the most dire case – an actor leaving the show – he could write them out with minimal effort and disruption. He used this a couple of times, and it was only as I was reading the examples that I realized those characters leaving wasn’t intended from the beginning, but was an unexpected shift in the storyline.
(Being intentionally vague for those who haven’t seen B5.)
Given that…I don’t think Mike and Walt are ever actually coming back. They may be referenced later on and not ignored as far as the storyline goes, but it’s possible that they’re just gone for the remainder of the series. I know Lost has different writers, but it’s pretty clearly the same kind of show, just with more network oversight.