Love songs that are really Lust songs

I Love My Dog is also an exception.

Hopefully.

“Fuck a Dog” by Blink182. Yeah it’s pretty much what you’d expect.

Oh, that’s a good one.

“Baby Baby” by the Vibrators.

Closer, by Nine Inch Nails. - If you listen closely to the lyrics, is mostly about sex.

Wasn’t there a 70s single called “Telephone Man” where a girl jumps the bones of the guy from the telephone company who comes to hook up her service.

Oh, and Sampiro

thanks for ruining my weekend with that image.

And even then, it’s more about laying himself bare and offering himself up for any way to escape his own mind.

Funny I was thinking of Beth as an exception as well. Songs about pain in love are most likely about romantic love, like Love Hurts by Nazareth, although I think that Pain by Three Days Grace is intentionally ambiguous.

Sister Golden Hair by America.
Say You Love Me by Fleetwood Mac.

Stroke 9’s Do it AgainI still think the lyrics are sweet.

Still, that song makes me want to beat my head on the wall and howl like a rabid doggie. Holy crap…and he’s bloody sexy in the video.

“Swamp Snake” by the Sensational Alex Harvey Band
“Let Me Stand Next To Your Fire” by Jimi Hendrix
“Cat Scratch Fever” by Ted Nugent
“Midnight At The Oasis” by Maria Muldaur
“Brand New Roller Skates” by (IIRC) Melanie
“Baby Love” by Chaka Khan

And two about women and Onan

“I Touch Myself” by I forget who and
“She-Bop” by Cindy Lauper

“Keep On Loving You” by REO Speedwagon. When I first heard the chorus, I was like, in my grand existential tradition, “What’s stopping you from staying in love with someone?”

Gaaah I hate euphemistic double-entredre wishy-washy type lyrics. Just come out and say “I just want to keep on banging your brains out…”, just once (and screw the censors). It doesn’t help that the arrangement is very syrupy and romantic sounding. Yes all reasons why I loathe this band…

I recently had a thread about Liz Phair’s Why Can’t I. It sounds like a fairly innocent song about falling in love. But then when you listen to all the lyrics you realize it’s about the excitement of cheating on your steady partner.

Teenage Kicks- The Undertones
Obviously.

Amoreena - Elton John and Bernie Taupin

I can see you sitting eating apples in the evening
The fruit juice flowing slowly, slowly, slowly
Down the bronze of your body