Love

I was just doing my daily bible devotions, and for some reason hit upon this verse. I want to share it will all of you, in part because I feel like one or more of you out there need to hear this right now, and because this is at the heart of the philosophy of my life.

Here it is. Read, enjoy, smile, and take it to heart. I love you all, to the very best of my abilities. It’s as unconditional as a human can do, and timeless. Along with this comes a very special bearhug for each and every one of you out there in this big scary world. You are not alone.

AND HE HAS GIVEN US THIS COMMAND: WHOEVER LOVES GOD MUST ALSO LOVE HIS BROTHER. – 1 JOHN 4:21

JOHN HAS REMINDED US AGAIN AND AGAIN. WE MUST LOVE OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN CHRIST. THIS REMINDER, HOWEVER, IS THE CLINCHER. IF WE LOVE GOD, THEN WE MUST LOVE HIS CHILDREN AND OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN CHRIST. NOTICE THAT THE WORD ISN’T “SHOULD” OR “WILL TRY” OR “WANT TO.” NO, WE MUST. THE BIBLE IS CAREFUL NOT TO PUT MANY “MUST DO” OR “THOU SHALT” COMMANDS IN SCRIPTURE. BUT GOD’S POINT IS CLEAR. LOVE OF EACH OTHER IS NOT OPTIONAL, NEGOTIABLE, OR EVEN SOMETHING TO BE DELAYED. GOD SENT JESUS TO DIE FOR THE SINS OF ALL OF GOD’S CHILDREN. HOW CAN WE NOT LOVE THOSE FOR WHOM CHRIST GAVE SO MUCH? AS PAUL WILL SAY TO THE CORINTHIANS, “GOD’S LOVE COMPELS US!” WE MUST LOVE.

{{{{{{All Dopers}}}}}}

Glad to see you back here Purp. Here’s hoping that you are in the best of health. Personally, I cannot think of a better way to show one’s love for others than by illuminating the darkess with all of our shared knowledge.

This board is a candle lit against the ebon void.

Thank you very much, Zen. I am doing much better, indeed. I definitely agree about this board being a candle lit against the ebon void of unknowledge and misinformation. I never really went away, just haven’t been posting nearly as much. Lots of things going on at Casa Bear, regrettably keeping me away from my dear friends and this board.

Even though MSK haughtily informed me that I was not allowed to have a ‘life’. :eek: :wink:

Falcon’s “cheerful” thought of the day:

Love stinks.

Thank you.

(And welcome back, purp…missed you.)

Quick clarification…I agree with purp’s post. However, loving your neighbor has recently caused a hell of a lot more problems than it solves. Hence my comment.

{{{{PB}}}}

Welcome back, O Warm Fuzzy Purple One. :slight_smile:

Falc, my dear friend. Sigh I know, hon. God never said that love was always easy to do. Love is always worth it, even when it’s not easy to see how it could be. I am trusting that those frienships will come back to you one day, and that you will find your heart’s desire, when you are truly ready for it.

I’ve missed you too, hon. And for all those I normally chat with, and haven’t been able to lately, I humbly beg your forgiveness for that. My time on here has been limited, and I can only talk to 3 or so at a time, and still keep track of what I’m talking about with whom. :slight_smile: I’ll work on that, and please feel free to ping me. If I can chat, I certainly will.

{{{{{{Falcon}}}}}}
Thank you, Tigg. Glad to be here.
{{{{{{Tiggeril}}}}}}

May I refer you to my new sig, which I stole from an old refrigerator magnet that no one knows where it came from, and which I think is wise on many levels:

Nice to see you back purplebear.

How’s things going for you and yours ?

I’ve always liked this poem from Hafiz, and thought it applies to all people

If God
Invited you to a party
And said,
“Everyone
In the ballroom tonight
Will be my special
Guest.”
How would you treat them
When you
Arrived?
Indeed, indeed!
And [I know]
There is no one in this world
Who
Is not upon
His Jeweled Dance
Floor

Cool lines scratchie.

I tried to love my neighbor.

She now has a Personal Protection Order out against me.

faith and hope are for the earth, where they are needful. love is beyond the earth, and never left behind.

the harder it is to love someone, the more they need to be loved. thank you for the reminder, purplebear.

Thanks, purplebear.

I agree, and I am very sure that loving brings it’s own reward. It must, as God wouldn’t have given us that command unless it was for our benefit.

Just now, it comes as a timely reminder that even if loving brings hurt, it is worth the doing.

I hope you are doing better, honey.

(((((((purplebear))))))

Much Love,

Cheri

Scarlett, I like. I agree. Easier said than done, sometimes. wry smile

Casdave, thank you. Going well for us. Could be better, but who’s couldn’t? Mr Bear loves diving for Sea World, kids are doing great in college and high school, I’m looking for a job to supplement our income until my business takes off, and the pets are silly, loving, and ornery as ever. How are things for you?

Zen is right, oldscratch, way cool lines. Thank you for sharing.

Milo: :stuck_out_tongue:
{{{{{{Milo}}}}}}

My good friend rocking chair. Thank you very much. I like what you said as well, very true. The book was hilarious, btw, thank you again.

I am, thank you, Scotti. Yes, love is always worth the doing, and it does bring its own reward.

{{{{{{Scarlett}}}}}}
{{{{{{Casdave}}}}}}
{{{{{{oldscratch}}}}}}
{{{{{{rocking chair}}}}}}
{{{{{{Scotti}}}}}}

Oh, purplebear, if only everyone felt this way. But thank you for reminding us of the way things should be.

{{{{{{{{{{purplebear}}}}}}}}}}

Yeah, but does he ever call? Does he ever write? Wassamatta? His finger’s broken? All I asked him for was someone to love, but does he answer?

Jesus, I must have pissed him off!

“Love can be a wonderful thing. It can also hurt more than any torture ever devised. It is certainly possible to conclude the wonder isn’t worth the risk.”
(General of the Army Jose Ruiz)

“I am a rock, I am an island.”
(Simon and Garfunkle)

“How can I love you when you won’t lie down?”
(Misquotation of Dionne Warwick)

Good to see you back:)

/hijack/

Falcon…who I’m living a parallel life with :slight_smile:

I hope things work out for both of us ifyouknowwhatimean…

And yes, I’m STILL grinning :slight_smile:

/end hijack/

from 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8

*Love is patient, love is kind, and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant.

Love does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,

Love does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices in the truth;

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails…*
My spiritual beliefs are not Judeo-Christian, but the Bible is one of my favorite sources of inspiration. Yeah, that “love thy neighbor” thing has always been a good idea. Just because it’s rarely been practiced well doesn’t mean we should quit trying.
Oh, and the really dangerous folks? I still love them…from a distance.

Peace,
TN*hippie