Luke's Lightsabre Up For Bids

Along with Yoda’s cane and other props from the original trilogy.

No mention of unedited versions of the OT being available, sadly. :frowning:

I’m on record as betting they get a hell of a lot more than that for them.

Of course, if you could find an old Honeywell flashbulb handle , you could build your own Skywalker-saber for far less and have it be just as authentic…

far be it for me to be the voice of reason, however…

:wink:

If I were filthy rich, I’d score Yoda’s Cane just for the sh-ts and giggles of it…

To borrow a line from SW’s cousin, those belong in a museum!

Items like this have been bought up recently by an online gambling company. They seem to be planning a Museum or something similar.

Well, just because they’re original doesn’t mean they’re unique. If you see any of the official SW museum exhibitions (in the US, Europe, or Japan), you’ll see many of these same props–there were never just “one” of anything that was used on set since multiple props are necessary in case of loss, damage, reshoots, 2nd unit close-ups, etc.

I wouldn’t worry too much about it (though if something’s important enough to Lucas, I imagine he’d have an easy time winning any auction he threw his hat in).

If it were available, I wouldn’t mind getting hold of Leia’s slave-girl outfit from Return of the Jedi. People have told me that I resemble Carrie Fisher, and that would make a helluva Halloween costume.

Actually you would need a 1940’s graflex 3-cell flash gun, the display bubble from a 1970’s calculator, along with a part from another flash to attach the d-ring. Add grips and you would be all set.

Or just buy the conversion kit on E-bay for about 25 bucks. Flash Gun extra.

Holy shit.
I thought you were a guy.

Nope. I am puzzled that I would have given that impression.

Er, do you resemble Carrie then or Carrie now?

Mine! Or I will help you not!

I am afraid I will be needing some photographic proof of that claim. Preferably bikini clad…

:smiley:

Sounds like a bargain, even in Imperial Credits.

One of the items is Vader’s lightsabre from TESB. Holy cow…

I’d like to see Triumph the Insult Comic Dog[TM] crash the auction scene, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

I don’t have any bikini pics, but here is a photo of me that a couple of people have said looked like Leia.

You truly belong here with us among the clouds. :wink:

-bienville, who believes it is a Doper’s duty to quote posts that include pics of beautiful women.

Wow, thank you, bienville. You’ve brightened my day. :slight_smile: