Lululemon - the "bend over" test

Lululemon is recalling some of its yoga pants because the company says they are too transparent. It says that they passed all of the relevant tests and that the only way to really know if they really aren’t opaque enough is to put them on and bend over.

Or at least the place your issue issues from.

I’m embarrassed at how long it took me to get that.

I’m not convinced the whole thing isn’t a clever publicity stunt as they’ve been all over the news with their brand name for the past couple of days.

I’ve been wondering that too. This is not a real story of any kind.

There are never any pictures :frowning:

Methinks I’m going to apply to one of their stores to be a tester. “Please bend over & I’ll tell you if they’re too thin.” :wink:

Talk about your creating an artificial demand.
If you’ve never heard of Lululemon before I’m sure you have by now. And, by the way “OMG! There’s going to be a shortage on these yoga pants!”
Hey, it worked for twinkies.

Why are they recalling them? Just remarket them as erotic wear and they’d probably sell more than the regular ones (which are coat-of-paint form fitting already).

I’ve seen clothing that gets “more opaque” under certain lights. Like florescent, or strong direct light can sometimes make stuff more see through. It’s why you get celeb photos with see thru tops. Not see through at home, but shoot a high powered flash at them and “bing” instant x-ray vision.
Now here in NYC at least, women wearing basically tights out as pants is a trend. I love it. It’s like living in Star Trek.

Yep – I never heard of them till now. Not being a yoga officianado, or a trendy person.

Can I still get the “see-through” ones?

As a gift for my wife. As pajamas.

I heard on NPR that this has happened to Lulumen at least 3 times before.

Yoga pants. Bend over test. Hand-feel. [Sulu]Oh myyyy![/Sulu]

85% of men surveyed were vehemently opposed to the recall.

It must be true, I saw it on the Internet…:0)

Maybe I’ll get my wife to do a quality control test tonight. :slight_smile:

Exactly. I refuse to believe this until I see proof.

Wrong site, you want Reddit.com :wink:

At first, I wondered how this could be possible. Have you been living under a rock for the past ten years?

Even if you’re not into yoga, you’ve probably met someone who’s into yoga, or you really hate people who are really into yoga, or you’ve met someone who really hates people who are really into yoga, or you have been annoyed by someone who falls into any of the previous categories, and therefore the conversation at some point has been steered towards how great/ridiculous lululemon is.

…and then I realized I’m from Vancouver, which is ground zero for the whole regrettable affair.

Very envious of your relatively sheltered life. Yup.

Pfttt, pftt. Me and my people have been living under this here rock for generations. What’s it to you? When we’re old enough, we braid our groin hair to look like your fancy “clothing” and use a mixture of crushed insects and tree bark to dye it.

Were it not for the fact that they are a pubically traded company, I too would be blissfully unaware of them, but it’s how we make our money - and a dirty business it is too I can assure you.