Machinarium

It’s not as sciencey as some of my favorite indie games, but it is real cute:

I can’t get it to run on my computer for some reason, the framerate is unplayable. I have two NVidia GTX 295s…

Oldish games (Warcraft 3, WoW) and flash based apps in fullscreen (Youtube, Hulu) do not run at a reasonable framerate with Quad SLI enabled.

Newer 3D games: Run much better with Quad SLI Enabled

Machinarium: WILL NOT RUN AT A REASONABLE FRAMERATE WITH ANY GODDAMN CONFIGURATION OR DRIVER RELEASE

Me: Insane
And I really wanted to play it too. :frowning:

The demo was both good looking and intriguing. I’ll pick it up eventually, but right now I’m working on another game.

Sort of frustrating until I figured out what was going on, but interesting.

The game works for me, but it’s still frustrating.

Or, I should say, it was. I finished the demo levels. The frustrating part was knowing what I wanted it to do, but not finding how to make it do it.

Agreed. I was stuck on that “dress like a cop robot to cross the bridge” level for ages. I knew exactly what I was supposed to do : get that lightbulb. To get that lightbulb, I needed to fix the ladder. And I looked everywhere for the missing steps. I was even convinced at some point that those two “birds” were it, an impression compounded by the fact that clicking on them did something after a lenghty pause - so there must have been a system there !

Except, not. And the actual solution is so dang unintuitive…

That puzzle is very similar to one from Monkey Island 2. Except instead of a lightbulb, you get a head wound and a trippy hallucination.