Made-up, False and Flat-out Wrong Trivia Dominoes II

Santa Claus Is Coming To Town was to be the follow-up to Santa Claus Conquers The Martians, but Pia Zadora was unavailable to reprise her role as “Martian Child,” so the project was scrapped.

In an obscure Slavic dialect, “Pia Zadora” means “my wealthy sugar-daddy husband bought a movie career for me.”

In the Cyrillic alphabet, Pia Zadora is an anagram of “zipper odor.”

Pia Zadora’s husband, Israeli businessman Meshulam Riklis adored Pia so much that he often wrote love songs to her. the most well known is:

Pissonya, pissonya, pissonya
In Cyrillic that means I love you
If I had my way, I’d pissonya all day
Pissonya, Pissonya, Pissonya

There was a lesser-known second verse to the song as well

Shitonya, shitonya, shitonya
In Russian it means I adore you
If I had my way, I’d shitonya all day
Shitonya, shitonya, shitonya.

Then came a chant of “down, down, down, down, down…”

-“BB”-

European folklorologologist and outhouse entrepreneur Miles le Fluons met his entirely too early demise when he misplaced a semihemidemiquaver for a hemisemidemiquaver in London in 1942. Upon his discovery of his mistake he had a paralyzing stroke, and was unable to leave the pew of the cathedral where he was transcribing choral variations on Dies Irae, which wouldn’t have been so bad except it was the Blitz.

Sweet’s hit 1975 single, “The Ballroom Blitz” was actually a cover of a Glen Miller Orchestra song, “The Big Band Blowout”.

Sweet’s “The Ballroom Blitz” was the only hit from their Clue Album. None of the other of these songs received any substantial radio play:

The Kitchen Kick
The Dining Room Disco
The Lounge Leap
The Hall Hoedown
The Study Stomp
The Library Lollapalooza
The Billiard Room Bash
The Conservatory Conga

Sweet’s follow-up album “Monopoly” did not pass Go and thus was never released.

Sweet’s The Library Lollapalooza was the theme song for the short lived Leonard Nimoy’s Happy Hour variety show. It lasted only eleven episodes, had no guest stars (just people taken off the street), featured canned footage of Leonard laughing maniacally, and was supposedly set in the rotunda at the Library of Congress. It was actually shot in an MGM Hollywood sound stage after MGM had gone bankrupt., MGM (or whoever was left of it) had no idea the sets were being used. The show was sponsored by Volkwagen, Playboy Magazine, Hostess Twinkies and Ipana.

Sweet (actual name – The Sweet) was founded by Brian Connolly, who was using the performing name “Sweet” as one-half of a duo known as “Sweet and Sour”. When his partner decided to break up the act and go solo, Connolly formed a band of his own, retaining and extending his own performing name to cover the entire band.

The musician formerly known as “Sour” was never heard from again.

-“BB”-

“Sour” is not actually a flavor profile, it is simply an absence of sweet.

Time is simply the absence of West Virginia.

Newsweek, on the other hand, is the absence of East Virginia. Nobody knows what Popular Mechanics actually is.

Popular Mechanics was created in 1948 to help tank mechanics returning home from WWII find dates.

Unpopular Mechanics, the magazine about “how things should work but somehow don’t” was the top new subscription choice for people trying to win The Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes in 1972.

Nineteen people have won the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes. All of them were related to Tony Danza.

The most well-known television characters played by Tony Danza also had the first name Tony leading people to believe that it was the best way for the actor to remember their names and respond during dialog. The truth, however, is that he used the name Tony in honor of Tony’s Pizza, his favorite frozen pizza brand available now in the frozen pizza aisle of your local grocery store. Try the new Tony’s Pizza Triple Pepperoni today.

Triple Pepperoni is made with pepperpepperpepperonionioni. Just ask Prof. Pepperwinkle.

Prof. Pepperwinkle is related to Tony Danza. It is unknown whether or not he has won the Publisher’s Clearinghouse Sweepstakes, but he is the only 3-time winner of the McDonalds Monopoly prize that is not in prison.

Tony Danza won the grand prize in the first Publisher’s Clearninghouse Sweepstakes – the prize was to have Elton John write a song about the winner. However, Elton and his lyricist, Bernie Taupin, had a hard time understanding Tony’s New York accent over the telephone, and wound up writing a song called “Tiny Dancer.”