Mafia: Evil Dead - DAY/NIGHT ONE

I’ve lost track of how many games I’ve played in. I think it is somewhere between 8 and 12, maybe more though. I’ve asked to be subbed more than I’d like to admit too, which makes the count even more fuzzy.

“Slips” (even just perceived ones) around the use of a single word seem to happen pretty much every day (multiple times each Day) and tend to get a huge amount of attention. While certainly not my favorite way to play the game, they are a fact of life and can be exploited for gains by any alignment. I only ask the newbs that you try not to be a one-trick pony. Don’t just cherry pick “slips” and base all of your analysis on them.

To the game at hand…

I’d really like to hear more from some of the other players, and I know that people want to see what I have to say too. Day 1 is often a bit of a catch 22 in that fashion.

I’ve tried to stay as objective as possible about the early votes that came out of a few players, but I think that is where my first vote is going to come from. Pleonast has gotten a good bit a scrutiny and suspicion, but I’m not really bothered to much by his explanations and justifications. The vote against Pleo that stands out, in my mind, is JSexton’s. It came in early out of the gate against one of the few people who is actually posting. This vote is circumstantial and based largely on a hunch that may be easily over-turned by a decent defense, but I’m going to make my wincing Day 1 vote for

JSexton

I fear that you were so quick to vote because you a) may have some insight as to other players’ alignments because you’re scum, b) may have seen a Townie (or at least someone not on your scum team) make a play early in the game that left him vulnerable, and c) may have acted to exploit both the insight and the vulnerability into a vote.

I want to be clear that I am not proposing that Pleo is town in any way but a weak assumption to arrive at a weak Day 1 vote.
Now Pleonast had an early vote too, but he’s also posted a good bit in his own defense and what he has posted seems reasonable.