Mafia: Evil Dead - DAY/NIGHT THREE

So, I’ve just done a review of Cookies, because I have a feeling we’re going to be discussing her for a while.

As far as the (pre-claim) case for her being scum goes, I think you can make three main points:

1. Early on Day One - very self-conscious about the weakness of her vote, mentioning it several times:

Note that she ultimately backs off this vote, which had failed to gain traction with others and had been openly questioned (of which more later).

1. Defending macey. Naturally, I’m a little ambivalent about this, as this charge applies to me too. For what’s it worth, there is obvious pro-scum motivation.

2. Pre-emptive defence against Hawk:

Which leads to this little gem of an exchange:

What strikes me about this (and I think **Rapier42 **mentioned it as well) is that **Cookies **is very quick on the defence. Specifically, as soon as **Hawk **mentioned that he was going to look over the macey lynch, **Cookies **immediately felt that she would be the target of that analysis. Furthermore, she moves quickly on to suggest that should **Hawk *find her suspicious, this will be strong evidence that he is scum - sort of a pre-emptive OMGUS. Again, for what it’s worth, it wasn’t until I read through Hawk’s first macey-analysis post that I realised I was going to be fingered. You can argue that this behaviour smacks of a guilty conscience - that **Cookies **knew **Hawk **would be coming after her because she knew she’d been acting scummy. This ties in with point 1 - getting her defence of her vote in early, because she was thinking about what made it look bad.

There are however, counters to each of these arguments:

1. It’s pro-town not to overstate your case - if you know your vote is weak, there’s no harm in saying so
  2. Sometimes, people make mistakes
  3. Cookies had been fitted up before, and realised quickly that she was in the frame.

There’s one other point, that I would say tends to argue for **Cookies **being town: **bufftabby **voted for her. Not once she’d come under suspicion but an early Day One vote, pre-macey, calling her out for her **JSexton **vote. This doesn’t mean **Cookies ***can’t *be scum. But, what is the scum motivation for voting for each other Day One? I can see a long-term goal of muddying voter records, but a big risk in that it doesn’t take much to get a Day One lynch and that first vote might have turned into a bandwagon. More likely, **bufftabby **saw an admitted weak vote and went for it.

So that’s the pre-claim case, as I see it. Nothing completely conclusive; but for the bufftabby vote, I’d lean scum. With it, I’m less convinced.

The claim raises its own questions. The big one for me is this: given that story published the two vanilla role-PMs, how come “Ash” is vanilla? If you had to give a name to a role that can vouch for one other player, it would be mason. But **pede **has explicitly said she isn’t one. Pending an answer to this, I’m leaning back to scum.