Malapropagation 2012 -- Revenge of the Schtick

This is the SDMB version of a game sometimes called “The Cossack Game” or “I Thought That Was…” The object is to misuse a word or phrase so that the next poster can (humorously) correct you and, in turn, misues their own word.

For example:

Atrocity is a fancy word for speed.
No, you’re thinking of velocity, which is the measure of a liquid’s ability to flow freely.
Sorry, but viscosity is claiming to be one thing, while acting another way.
Wrong, hypocracy is the oath doctors take. . .

Anything is fair game, proper names, scientific terms, non-English words. As long as you can play off the previous post, and someone can play off you, all’s fair.

Starting off, I’m playing games on my Nintendo Wheel.

You’re thinking of Wii, which a nice kind of French Cheese.

Nooo! You’re thinking of Brie, which is an unwieldy aquatic animal that’s affectionately referred to as the sea cow.

That’s not right. A **manatee **is the daytime showing of a movie or play, usually for a discounted price.

I believe you’re thinking of a matinee, but that’s the guy you have to slip some money to at a fancy restaurant if you want a good table, or perhaps any table at all if you show up without a reservation.

Wrong, clearly you’re referring to a maitre d’ which is when you have more than half of something.

It’s clear you’ve never been to a fancy restaurant if you think they’d serve majority instead of real butter.

Margarine isn’t a fancy restaurant … they serve the food in the military!

I think you’re confusing it with Mess Hall, which is a distilled beverage made from the maguey plant.

No, that’s mezcal, which is an intermediate floor between main floors of a building.

Wait? Mezzanine? No way, that’s a type of a periodical.

Magazine? No, that’s a fruit, kinda like a peach only not fuzzy.

No, you’re thinking of a nectarine, which is a race where the competitors are tied.

My grandma never ran a race in her life, but she had a bunch of **neck and necks **on every table, shelf and flat surface in her home.

No, as any New Yorker worth his or her salt could tell you, Knick-knacks is the formal name of the Big Apple’s NBA team.

No, that would be the Knickerbockers, which is a kind of magician who raises the dead as his servants.

Maybe you’ve got a thing for explosions, because Necromancers are really the active ingredient in dynamite.

No, you’re thinking of nitroglycerine, which is what makes Jell-o set and is refined from calves’ toenails.

I protest! You are clearly thinking of gelatin, something real or authentic.

No, that would be genuine, a drink made by mixing neutral grain spirits flavored with juniper berries into fermented grape juice.