Marine Corps emblem crochet pattern?

My stepson is in the Marines, & I want to crochet him an afghan for xmas. I’ve looked all over the net for an afghan with a Marine Corps emblem on it & come up with nothing. If I can’t find one I’ll have to make an American flag afghan, I guess.

How about this one. Or this one. Or this one. Try http://www.google.com and look for afghan marine corp.

I’ll bet if you were in Kandahar, you find many Afghans with Marine Corp emblems on them! HA HA! Get it?! oh, nevermind…

Go to this newsgroup rec.crafts.textiles.needlework and post your question. The Outlook Express newsgroup reader can sign you up for the newsgroup. You will likely have a quick response that will send you exactly what you are looking for (I’m guessing there are a fair number of Marine moms and girlfriends) .

All you need to know is what your Internet Service Provider’s newsgroups server address is and your email password. Outlook Express will walk you through the process and get you logged on. Call your ISP for this newsgroup server address if you do not know it.

Hi, Chandeleur. Thanks for the links. I was not specific enough in my OP. What I am looking for is the actual pattern instructions, which look something like this: ch 4 counts as first dc, now & throughout, dc in 6th ch from hook, ch 1 & skip next ch, etc. How about it crocheters?

Hi flowers I just put “Marine Corps Afghan pattern” and “Marine Corps crochet” into google and it didn’t come up with anything.

Have you tried designing it yourself with some graph paper ?

I made a sweater for someone this Christmas, but I couln’t find one with a train so I designed it myself. It’s really not very hard.

Well, that’s way over my head. But I did find this. It is from the message boards at crosstitch.com. Apparently someone was looking for the same thing, and there is an e-mail there of someone who has it. Hope this helps.

BTW, thank your stepson for me, for his service.

(hijack) I wonder if I’m the only one who’s brain did a little creative reading with the word crochet and wondered They have a pattern for that? (/hijack)

I’ve seen many patterns where people cross stitch over the crochet. That might work.

Thank you, everybody. If I can’t find the instructions to crochet a Marine Corps emblem with your replies, I shall do my best to make one myself.

After looking around for a while, I found this for a graph with USMC on it and I also found this . It’s a cross stitch pattern, but maybe you could adapt it to crochet.