Marjorie Taylor Greene moves to impeach Merrick Garland

:roll_eyes: could you imagine the furor if the AG didn’t sign off on it?

" some desk jockey signed and executed the warrant? off with the ag’s head "

Trumplicanworld is where you get impeached for doing your job correctky. Now that the search warrant has been made public, this is not going to go the way she’s gloating it will.

It seems to me that if you repeatedly and frivolously attempt to impeach everyone who does something you dislike, people may not take it very seriously.

But what do I know, I’m not a distinguished member of Congress like Madame Greene.

Someone should calmly and gently take her aside and suggest to her, “I am sorry that your friend Mr. Trump was caught committing serious crimes, and that makes you sad, but this is not a constructive way to release your frustrations.” Maybe offer her a juice box as they pat her back.

Empty Greene also apparently filed impeachment charges against Biden on the first day of his term, or at least she said she was going to.

Id like the name of everyone who voted on MTG. Id like to make a graph

I’ve always assumed that was the goal, in so much as these idiots can have actual goals. “So what if Trump was impeached twice? They impeach everyone! They impeached Merrick Garland over a search warrant!”

I believe it is a grade school way of striking back. Billy spilled milk on you, so you pour yours over his head.

I’m pretty sure that’s the point. The whole point of her impeaching Biden was to make impeachment look political. This is more of the same.

She’s not particularly bright, I’ll give you. But she knows how to play to her base and embrace her role. She’s smarter than Gaetz and Cawthorne in that regard.

I would think most people will laugh at her for doing this, but until Trump goes down hard and his cult followers disassociate from him, we should expect this from politicians who depend on the cult to get reelected. Trump has created these people, and until he leaves, they will continue to support him ad nauseam.

No, you shouldn’t use reason with people, like toddlers or Republicans, who aren’t mature enough to understand it.

MTG needs to be put on a time-out and have her media privileges taken away for a week. And she’s not allowed to talk to her friends on Fox News for a month. She needs to learn that when you misbehave, there are consequences.

How? No matter how badly Trump fails, he just denies it happened and then the Magats believe whatever he said.

By “go down hard,” I mean indicted and convicted of a serious crime. If he can somehow wiggle out of that happening then you’re right, that will only encourage MAGAs to support him more if that’s possible.

I’m past the point of believing this. If there is undeniable video evidence that Trump has been selling nuclear weapon secrets to North Korea in exchange for a series of preteen prostitutes and he is sentenced to life in prison, he simply deny his guilt and say it’s all a partisan plot to deny him his rightful third term (because he will also claim he’s already won the 2024 election). And his followers will believe him. Trump worship has become a cult for a lot of people.

True, but that’s what Trump supporters say was behind his being impeached twice; that he was unpopular outside of his own party, and pissed off the liberals, so the liberals kept trying to impeach him for everything they didn’t like, hoping something would stick.

I’d go so far as to say that she’s an ignorant twat.

Moderating:

Gender-specific insults aren’t permitted on the forum. Please refrain from doing this.

Not a warning.

How about “Her nonspecific, undifferentiated genitalia are uneducated and unaware”?

Slinking away… I’ll leave now. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

It did happen, though clearly it went nowhere.

I hope the Georgia voters who wanted her in office are proud of her list of brilliant accomplishments.

I hope Georgia democrats can gerrymander her out of a job.