Mass Killings in the United States (2021)

30 November 2021, Oxford MI 4 killed (shot)

1. 30 November 2021, Oxford Twp MI, 4 killed (shot) (Oxford High School shooting - Wikipedia)

Incidents 66

Killed 325

I was heading home yesterday from a local mall when two OC Sheriff cars zipped by going lights and sirens. Then two more, then two more. Finally as I was making the last turn on my way home the SWAT wagon came up. I knew something serious was going down but I didn’t know until I got home and found out what it was. I lived for many a year in the town of Lake Orion, which is so close that the locals refer to it as “Oxford/Orion” area. What pissed me of was all the various comments I saw saying stuff like: “No description of the shooter. We know what that means.” Yeah, you morons, it means that he’s a juvenile, is in custody, and the law doesn’t wish to expose the family to possible retaliation. Imagine.

This is pretty creepy. The school had the shooter’s parents in that very day to discuss his behavioral problems.

PONTIAC, Mich. — On Tuesday morning, the parents of a 15-year-old sophomore walked into Oxford High School to meet face to face with school officials who had grown concerned about their son’s classroom behavior.

Just about three hours after that meeting started, according to law enforcement authorities, the student, Ethan Crumbley, walked into a school bathroom carrying a backpack and emerged with a handgun. He began firing, killing four students and wounding seven people in the deadliest school shooting this year.

Prosecutors said they were also considering charges against the suspect’s parents. The authorities said Mr. Crumbley carried out the shooting in a Detroit suburb using a handgun his father had bought four days earlier.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/01/us/ethan-crumbley-michigan-high-school-shooting.html

1. 30 November 2021 Clayton County GA, 4 dead (shot) (https://www.macon.com/news/state/georgia/article256247297.html) Killer was killed by the police so his death is not included.

Incidents 67

Killed 329

I evoke the name PastTense three times and ask him to PM me.

If you want the person to get a notification, post their name in the text with the @ in front of it, like this @PastTense

@PastTense

I summon thee! Although in truth I am about to head out to drive my school bus.

Please take a look at the article in today’s New York Times so we might talk of it. -=Link=-

The annual year-end cleanup has begun. The pending cases have been added. Three cases I missed have been added.

The almost-final list can be found -=here.=- I would be very happy to take four weeks off with any updates.

The parents have now been charged with involuntary manslaughter, to which I say: “Good.” Check out this tidbit from the NY Times:

The day before the shooting, a teacher had seen the suspect searching online for ammunition for the gun in class, which led to a meeting with school officials, the prosecutor said. After being informed by the school about their son’s behavior, Jennifer Crumbley texted to her son: “LOL, I’m not mad at you. You have to learn not to get caught,” Ms. McDonald said.

and

On the morning of the Nov. 30 shooting, the suspect’s parents were urgently called into the high school after one of his teachers found an alarming note he had drawn, scrawled with images of a gun, a person who had been shot, and the words, “Blood everywhere,” and, “The thoughts won’t stop. Help me.”

School officials told the parents during the in-person meeting on Tuesday that they were required to seek counseling for their son, Ethan, Ms. McDonald said. The teenager’s parents did not want their son to be removed from school that day, and did not ask him whether he had the gun with him or search the backpack he brought with him to the office, Ms. McDonald said.

How many more blood reg flags did these assholes need?

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 / 11:41 AM CST | Updated: Dec 4, 2021 / 04:05 PM CST

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (NewsNation Now) — Two teenagers were killed and two people, including a 9-month-old baby, were injured after a shooting in Memphis Friday night.

The shooting happened around 9:30 p.m. at a gas station not far from Graceland.

Memphis Police said the victims, three teenage girls and the 9-month-old baby, were at a gas pump inside a red Infiniti when a dark-colored Nissan pulled up beside them and fired several shots.

A 15-year-old and a 16-year-old were taken to Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital, but police reported Saturday morning that they had died from their injuries. Another 16-year-old and the baby are in noncritical condition.

The driver of the Nissan fled the scene but the vehicle was later recovered. No arrests have been made, police said.

ONLY two people killed and two injured… does this qualify as a “mass” shooting?
[/bitter sarcasm]

I really do not know. Other people count mass shootings. I do not.

Thank you for asking.

1. 8 December 2021 Milwaukee WI 4* killed (shot) (Milwaukee officials: 4 killed in apparent murder-suicide near 49th and Oklahoma identified)

Incidents 74

Killed 365

1. 17 December 2021 St Landry Parish LA 4* killed (reckless driving) (Three Louisiana siblings killed in crash with wrong-way driver)

Incidents 75

Killed 369

1. 22 December 2021 Amarillo TX 4 killed (reckless driving/DWI) (4 dead, 2 injured after crash on loop 335 near Broadway Drive)

Incidents 76

Killed 373

1. 27 December 2021 Lakewood CO, 5* killed (shot) (Police: 5 Killed, Including Gunman, In Denver Area Shootings - VINnews)

Incidents 77

Killed 378

Now six, including the gunman.

Reports from the Denver Post now indicate six people are dead, but the killer did not kill himself, he was killed by the police. So the count remains the same, but we have to remove the asterisk.

1. 27 December 2021 Polk County FL, 4 killed (reckless driving/fleeing the police) (4 killed, 3 injured in fiery crash that was 'total carnage' | wtsp.com)

Incidents 78

Killed 382

Details are sketchy as this is second hand, but my Wife talked to our nephew and he got tangled up in that mess.

He works at one of those tattoo parlors (he has a degree in anthropology, but is kinda a free spirit). When shit was going down, apparently, he left the business and was tackled by the police. He’s lucky to be alive IMHO.

He’s very shaken up, and we invited him to come spend a weekend with us in the mountains.