McCain's Irish joke

It’s not really an Irish joke. You can replace “Irish” and “whiskey” with “French” and “Wine”, or “Russian” and “Vodka”. It’s just a joke that happens to have the main characters as Irish.

Very funny joke, though.

My friend told me this happened in real life, however the reason the guys were confused was because of senility. :frowning:

I was thinking of a different O’Malley twins joke.

An American on business walks into a bar, and grabs a drink. To identicle men walk inseperately, silently grab a beer, drink it together, then walk out, all in about 1 minute. The American asks what’s up.

The bartender says “those are the O’Malley twins, Sean and Paddy. Their wives wont let them hang out together so they have to meet once a year quickly for their tradition.”

Exactly one year later he is back at the same bar. One of the men walks in, drinks two beers and walks out. When the American asks what is up. the bartender says “Paddy died last month, so Sean drinks one for him to keep tradition”.
Exactly another year later He is back in town on business again. The same guy walks in, drinks a beer and a glass of water and walks out. The bartender leans over to the American and says. "Sean’s doctor told him if he drinks anymore beer he will die, so he only drinks water now, But Paddy is never gonna give up the booze.

Have you forgotten that the women of various ethnic groups are still discriminated against? And so are the men in many ways such as in family court when he wants custody of his child.

And there is still discrimination between Irish Catholics and Irish Protestants.

Never heard this as the O"Malley twins, but that’s the best telling of that joke I’ve heard. I love ethnic jokes but I wouldn’t run for president and use them.

I’m English born and bred but my Irish mother says if you can’t laugh at yourself who can you laugh at?

I’ll be quoting this joke. Any by “quoting” I mean “stealing.”

In Ireland, mayhap. Does that happen in the US?

Yes, I was thinking in terms of ethnic or nationally based discrimination as opposed to gender-based discrimination, which is still alive and well.

It’s not present legally in Ireland anymore other than perhaps that schools are for the most part religious entities in the Republic.

Irishman’s McCain Joke.
McCain: Just as well we’re pro-life.
Palin: Yeah otherwise we’d have to abort this campaign.

(Stolen from Phoenix Magazine)