She’s leaving home. bye, bye.
[QUOTE=Annie-Xmas]
Paul McCartney is known to be very controlling, particularly where his women are concerned. Longtime girlfriend Jane Asher didn’t marry him because he insisted she would have to give up her acting career. Linda was willing to quit her photography to become a member of Paul’s band. Heather had to know this going into the marriage, and if she doesn’t like, too bad.
[/QUOTE]
That’s just it…you have to decide if you want to marry a guy who doesn’t want you to have a career. I don’t know if I would characterize him as controlling…I always just saw him as a guy who wanted a certain lifestyle…old fashioned, to be sure, but at least he made his intentions for how he wanted to live perfectly clear. I think the idea appealed to Linda as well, as she certainly seemed to enjoy the earth-mother, cook-healthy-meals-for-your-family thing. If that wasn’t Heather’s bag, then you are right, she never should have married him in the first place.
[QUOTE=mr. jp]
Well, he is known to beat his women, and to keep them apart from the things that they love.
[/QUOTE]
I know this is just a joke, but that lyric was John’s-he admitted he was at one time a pretty abusive fucknut.
Was any of this reported to the local authorities at the time? I mean, if someone cuts me with a broken wine bottle, my ass would be on the phone to the police immediately. :dubious:
She couldn’t call the cops because Paul then tied her up, tortured, then beheaded her.
But she got better.
[QUOTE=dropzone]
She couldn’t call the cops because Paul then tied her up, tortured, then beheaded her.
But she got better.
[/QUOTE]
I thought he hit her with a silver hammer.
Since we’re quoting appropriate lyrics:
Cry, baby cry,
Make your mother sigh
You’re old enough to know better
So cry, baby cry
[QUOTE=Guinastasia]
I know this is just a joke, but that lyric was John’s-he admitted he was at one time a pretty abusive fucknut.
[/QUOTE]
I knew that actually. I thought since he was singing it that it would be fair game. Anyway, my feeling is that she is the bad guy, and that he has got to get her out of his life.
If only she had some sort of fancy cutlery to protect herself with.
[QUOTE=dropzone]
Can he grow his hair out its real color now?
[/QUOTE]
Heh. You know, I always wondered why, with all the money the man has, that he couldn’t hire a decent hair dresser. It looked like he smeared shoe polish on his head.
As far as Paul being controlling, I don’t think it’s unreasonable for a person to expect his/her spouse to give up a career in unique circumstances such as McCartney’s. He was/is a musician which means he’s going to be spending the better part of his life on the road. I think Linda giving up her career was essential to their strong marriage. Kudos to him, and to her, for finding a balance that worked for their family. It’s a terrible shame that his last daughter won’t experience the same family unity that his first family shared.
[QUOTE=mr. jp]
I knew that actually. I thought since he was singing it that it would be fair game. Anyway, my feeling is that she is the bad guy, and that he has got to get her out of his life.
[/QUOTE]
cue horn section
I can’t believe any of what she’s quoted as saying up there. Who on earth doesn’t call the police when they’re STABBED WITH A BROKEN BOTTLE?
Gimme a break.
[QUOTE=outlierrn]
Telling tales of drunkeness and cruelty
[/QUOTE]
Wrong band. ![]()
[QUOTE=mr. jp]
I knew that actually. I thought since he was singing it that it would be fair game. Anyway, my feeling is that she is the bad guy, and that he has got to get her out of his life.
[/QUOTE]
He can’t. They have a kid together, he’ll be tied to her for the rest of his life. (Unless she suddenly winds up dead.)
I can kind of see both sides of the issue, here. Paul, for a good portion of his life, could have had any woman he wanted, which might just color your perception of women (power corrupts and all that). Still, he was the only Beatle to not divorce his first wife, so it’s certainly possible that he was a good husband (or that he had some kind of bizarre kink which Linda was willing to deal with, so he never wanted to split from her).
All that being said, I don’t see how she thinks making all this stuff public is going to help her. Paul’s got way too many dedicated fans, who’ll never believe anything bad about him, no matter what the evidence.
Yeesh, so now it’s someone’s fault if they by mistake marry a manipulative creep and decide they don’t want to be the exact person their spouse wants them to be?
I get the distinct feeling that any man married to Heather Mills would end up clobbering her.
[QUOTE=Mangetout]
There was a bit about this on the news last night and when asked for a comment on the situation, she said something to the effect “Boo hoo! I’ve only got one leg, you know. Do you know how hard it is to only have one leg? I have to crawl to the toilet to take a piss at night. It’s really hard”.
Well, yes. I imagine it’s pretty tough, but what has that to do with the price of eggs?
[/QUOTE]
Well, it kinda makes them cheaper, because she only has to buy new ones half as often.
[QUOTE=Lama Pacos]
Yeesh, so now it’s someone’s fault if they by mistake marry a manipulative creep and decide they don’t want to be the exact person their spouse wants them to be?
[/QUOTE]
Umm…yeah. Y’know, look before you leap.
[QUOTE=Autumn Almanac]
Wrong band. ![]()
[/QUOTE]
Give 'em a break; it was probably a sunny afternoon when they posted, and the reference does seem sort of appropriate.
…you’ll get yours yet, however big you think you are…
[QUOTE=Tuckerfan]
Paul’s got way too many dedicated fans, who’ll never believe anything bad about him, no matter what the evidence.
[/QUOTE]
And non-fans like me who would LOVE for the dirt to be true (just because we love dirt) but who aren’t buying this load.