Men:n A disturbing hypothetical WRT pedo' paranoia.

I went with the “get her out of the room, then say nothing more” option. I’m against unnecessarily embarrassing the teenaged girl, even in pre-emptive legal self-defense.

What I would do the next morning is record the details of the incident in a letter, sign and date it, and send it to my lawyer. IANAL, but my guess is that this does pretty much the same thing in terms of pre-emptive legal self-defense that making a to-do over it at the house would, whether that night or the next morning.

And if no accusation against you is ever made, then you haven’t made a bunch of people upset and miserable over a passing incident.

First say WTF are you doing?

Second see if you can surreptitiously activate voice memo on your phone, maybe pretend to be checking the time. Get some audio recorded if any claims are made.

Then leave.

Whether to tell the parents later I’m unsure of.

Your concerns in order are:

1. don’t do anything illegal.
  2. don’t (in so far as possible) be plausibly accusable of doing anything illegal.
  3. don’t deliberately involve any authorities; you lose all influence over the situation at that moment.

123,456) consider the possible motivations of the girl and whether this is a signal that she needs help you might be able to provide, either directly or indirectly via the authorities.

“No way, guys. I’ve heard stories about your tramp of a daughter.”

This and much of the rest of the post as well.

And my gut reaction is that I would almost be tempted to contact someone official (police maybe?) myself. This may be normal but it could be abnormal as well; from earlier abuse or something like that. My education is in psych but not that kind and not at that level to really make a judgement. I would almost like someone smarter than I am to be involved at some point.

Probably turn over half-asleep and then crank out the most gigantic fart you’d swear was intended to attract a horny hippo. It’s odds-on to have the exact opposite effect on any teenage girl, even one demented enough to be interested in my gone-to-seed middle-aged crotch.

I snorted, particularly since I just heard the relevant reference over the weekend. Well played.

Boy… you are not only overly prepared, paranoid and a light sleeper, but you handle alcohol really well. :slight_smile:

This is the kind of thought that wouldn’t occur to me until the next morning.

Pretend to be asleep and turn over and lay on your stomach?

What if it then turns out they have a son with …needs?

Fwiw this situation supposedly happened to a guy I used to know on another board. After he rejected her advances she told her parents that he tried to rape her. Scary stuff if it is true but I don’t know if his version of events was the accurate one. I don’t know what I’d do. The idea of leaving and contacting an attorney is a good one. I’d be wary of telling her parents or law enforcement because that could backfire.

Alright, all of you that voted “other”, admit it, you plan on just rolling with it. I knew it.

She has no reason to accuse you of raping her if you don’t make a big deal out of it. It’s only if you decide to get the parents (or worse) involved that she’s going to need to get defensive.

I mean, yes, maybe she’s an evil hellion and plans to say you raped her no matter how you turn her down. But I can’t see how telling her parents would help in that scenario. Because that’s the point where she’s going to accuse you of rape, when confronted by her parents.

My answer is to treat her like a teen who, like most teens, is kinda stupid on the whole age of consent thing. We all knew high school girls who dated college students, right?

I think I’d try to turn over first, like I was still asleep. If that didn’t work, I’d try to keep it nonchalant. “I’m flattered, I really am, but you’re just too young. And it could get us both into a lot of trouble. So go back to bed, and we’ll pretend this didn’t happen.”

I would then try to leave, sure, but you have to deal with the situation first.

For the win!

Maybe if we could let the little tramp do her thing she’ll get it out of her system and grow up to become a nun.

What part of “bloodcurdling screams” sounds like “rolling with it” to you?

Hey, I had too much to drink. I was having this dream and …

I’d go back to sleep, because there is absolutely no way a teenage nympho is going to hit on a flabby married guy old enough to be her grandfather.

Besides which, I don’t drink and would never HAVE to sleep at a friend’s house for that reason.

So, I’m dreaming.

What if the genders were reversed.

A 30 something lady got drunk and it was the teenage son getting touchy feely?

That solves the problem of the invite! If it doesn’t run.

If only you could see the future.
The answer is leave. Let my attorney know and follow his legal advice. Doubt I’d say anything to the parents other than ‘sorry I had to leave expectantly’ CPS would probably get a call from the attorney in a time frame that is less likely the parents can connect the incident and the complaint.