Men's underwear, fly or no fly?

Why are you getting so pissy about it?

:slight_smile:

Oh, c’mon. We have so many TMI threads here for the ladies. They know way more than they should about our stupid little problems - I think it’s nice to see how the other half, um, lives.

Because if you just have your penis sticking through that little opening, you do not have easy access to press up on your vas to clear the contents of your urethra. Your options are to let the contents drip or wick out into your underwear, or to try to press up through your trousers with willy sticking out like a horse head, which is even more awkward than trying to pee in this configuration.

Also, either our clothes or our anatomy must be vastly different, because if I try “through” my entire works are uncomfortably constricted by two flies which are each desiigned to overlap at the sides and also my shirttails, with willy poking kilroy-like over the bottom of the fly, since the opening is necessarily higher than the base of my penis.

On the other hand, if I go over, my genitals are in contact with… my right hand and nothing else.

Sent with my fat fingers using Tapatalk.

I think it must be our clothing that’s different. With my boxers I can pretty much fit my whole hand in there and do whatever I need to.

I didn’t even know what the dickhole was for the longest time. But then I got a job that required me to wear a belt and tuck in my shirt. I then saw the light and now look at back with shame at my waistband pulling days.
There’s even a nice little maneuver that you do, where you bend your knees slightly as you reach inside for your friend, and once you have a good hold, you straighten your knees abruptly (but not overly so) and fling him out. I think they should test for your proficiency at this maneuver when applying for any job because you know, the last thing a company needs is a bunch of manchildren that don’t know how to pee like an adult.

As can I. And my girlfriend. I have more room in my pants than I do in my office closet. My clothing is extremely apparatus-friendly.

This mutual mystification is clearly the result of our deeply-ingrained instinct to do all we can to make sure that we don’t see the details of other men peeing, even in our peripheral vision. Heh.

I imagine it would be easy-peasy to pee through the fly of boxer shorts, if that’s all you were wearing. This is probably a silly question, but do you undo your belt and unbutton your pants and then go through your boxer fly?

I don’t.

Someone needs to start a ladies peeing poll.

Sit/Hover?
Skirt up/Skirt down?
Crotchless Fridays?

This IS fascinating for women. I’m going to get sued for sexual harassment because I desperately want to poll all the men here at work about their fly usage.

I don’t know why I care, it’s just weirdly interesting.

I’m a little surprised that it’s such a contentious issue.

People do this?

I’ve always been an over-the-top guy. After a similar thread a few years back, I tried going through the fly for a bit to see what I thought of it. Not having to fuss with the belt was a bonus, but the dealbreaker was the occasional feeling of zipper teeth against the ol’ apparatus. For anyone who’s ever gone commando and had a close call*, that’ll set you on edge in a heartbeat.

*If you don’t know what I’m talking about, consider yourself lucky.

I see it the opposite. Folks that go up and over simply lack the clearance to get their neck through the door without hassle. Maybe it’s a girth vs. length thing.

That’s the issue, going over the top reeks of immaturity. If I see someone doing that it’s just a half a step away from dropping your pants to the floor and standing on your tippy toes.

Is this a bad time to say that I prefer to sit down?

You’re looking?

You give a darn how someone else pees for Christ’s sake? :rolleyes:

I am under no impressions that my penis is of some huge size but the last time I tried to use a fly it took far longer and worked far less well than either going over the top or something I havent seen in thread so far, around the side (kinda only works with brief styles of underwear)

I wear bikini style with no fly, havent even seen a pair with a fly in decades.

Are you for real?

To be fair, I guess I should answer. I would never even think to use the fly. I whip it out from the side. That is what seems natural.