Meow Mix

This is going to sound like the stupidest question, but

What are the lyrics to the old “Meow Mix” commercial?
I say it’s:

Meow meow meow meow
Meow meow meow meow
Meow meow meow meow
Meow meow meow meow

But my girlfriend says it’s:

Meow meow meow meow
Meow meow meow meow
Meow meow meow meow
Meow meow meow

:confused:

Ah, I love to desseminate vital information!

I love chicken,
I love tuna,
I love liver,
Please deliver!

It’s not that I speak cat. There were subtitles at the bottom of the screen, with a bouncing something or other so we could sing along. :smiley:

I used to sing it to my cats. Strange, they seemed to understand.

I can’t believe I’m answering this. Scratch, you appear to be correct. Your girlfriend is missing a meow. If that’s her worst fault, she may still be marriage material.

You’re right. She’s wrong. It’s

1 2 3 4
1 2 3 4
1 2 3 4
1 2 3 4

Skinner: Bart, I know you can read my thoughts. As soon as I can prove you cut school, your ass is mine. That’s right, I think words I would never say.

Homer: Bart, I know you can read my thoughts. Meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow, meow moew moew moew moew moew moew moew.

whoops. somewhere along the line I flipped the e and the o. So sue me. and btw, there are alternate lyrics to the song.

I love meow mix, I love meow mix,
More salmon flavor, more salmon flavor.

now can we start a thread on the “bacon bacon bacon bacon BACON! I smell something and it’s BACON!”
snausegously,

jb

For the love of Cecil, please don’t.

i have to cast a vote for the girlfriend’s version.

it’s only three meows at the end.

the meowing cat goes up an octive or two and goes

‘meow…meowMEOW,’

where the ‘_’ marks mean a higher-pitched meow rather than a louder meow.

you guys should all consider brushing up on
your catinese : )

But, we must also consider the backwards cat:

Woem Woem Woem Woem
Woem Woem Woem Woem…

You get the idea :wink:

He taped himself, and played it back in reverse. This was an actual Meow Mix commercial; I am not hallucinating.

There was a second verse after the “I want tuna” part and I can’t remember it exactly but the last line of it was

“The cat’s meow is Meow Mix Meow Mix Meow Mix Meow Mix Meow Meow Meow”

Nope, Sneeze, Scratch is right. I grew up on these commercials. Rosebud is not hallucinating, either. “Woem.” That one used to crack me up. We used to wish they made a similar dog food: Bark Bites. Then you could have the dog going “Krab, krab!”

Hey, we were kids.

anybody remember King Cuts? Only on the air for a few months, but enough to make an impression on my stupid little facile mind.

King Cuts, bud doo doo doo, doo.

Buh doo doo doodn’t doo doo.

King Cuts.
jb

meow mix - cats ask for it by name.

This is very sad. Sadder still that I think I know the answer.

Scratch, I think you are remembering the first verse of the “song” (and I use the term very loosely) that ends with four meows, while your girlfriend is remembering the second, that ends the commercial with three meows. In other words, you are both correct.

I would like to nominate this thread as a contender for the “Most Spectacularly Pointless and Useless Bit of Trivia Ever Recorded.”

Here is a wav file of one of the first commercials (i think). http://members.nbci.com/TVBreak/misc/meow.wav

snausages

mrblue92 you are right! My girlfriend had corrected herself. She had meant to indicate the final rising triple “meow” as described by They Call Me Sneeze. Now about that “Kibbles 'n Bits” commercial…

Actually, that was one of my favorites… just for the line:

“What’s that say?.. I CAN"T READ!!!”

IIIttttt’sss BACONNN!!!!
jb

p.s.- seriously, king cuts. anyone else remember them? I know only one other guy (besides my younger brother) who does.

p.p.s.- BACON!

p.p.p.s.- I’ve smoked so much pot tonight that I keep seeing that little chuck wagon driving across the floor, up and down the walls, etc. But I must abandon this exquisite board, off ona mission to play boxball (a.k.a. four-square) ciao!

Yeah, I remember King Kuts. These people sing along to Steve Martin’s “King Tut,” then the dogs eat and rear up and turn into Egyptian cartoon dogs and walk away doing that Bangles dance - what’s it called again?

FTR, I hate the Snausage ad. Ike the Lucky Dog was a lot better.

“purina cat chow…chow, chow, chow” <ducks & runs>