Michael Clarke Duncan has died

How totally sad. He had an extraordinary screen presence. What a pity to lose him so young.

Crud. One of my favorites.

I think a quote from Boing Boing sums this up very well for me:

"So, why is this celebrity death sadder than most? Because this guy… he just seemed like one of those super famous people who would gladly and easily talk to you in a bar for an hour. You never heard anything weird or bad about Michael Clarke Duncan, and he seemed like one of the nicest people in show business. And when he showed up in the variety of projects that he did – Armageddon, Talladega Nights, The Scorpion King, Sin City, voiceover work in *Cats and Dogs, Kung Fu Panda and Spider-Man: The New Animated Series *-- you were always happy to see (or hear) him! “Oh, Michael Clarke Duncan is in this! I love that guy!” "

The Whole Nine Yards is one of my favorite movies of all time, a lot of it was because of him.

RIP homeboy… damn Bernie Mac and now him!!

My kids loved him on George Lopez… what an interesting backstory on him…

If he was with Omarosa… then… well she couldn’t be all bad…

It’s weird, but probably my favourite role of his was in Talladega Nights. Because he wasn’t there to be the big black dude, he was just there to be hilarious. No one else could have made “Don’t you put that evil on me, Ricky Bobby!” so fantastic.

Is it just me, or did that dude look better at 54 than most people do thirty years younger?

I thought he was pretty funny in ‘2 and a Half Men’.

(And the girl that played his daughter was hot!)

I wanted to be Diana Ross!!

It’s ironic that he claims to have been “healthier” after becoming a vegetarian, then drops dead of a heart attack, although anybody who really had $5,000(!) worth of meat in their fridge obviously wasn’t eating healthy at all (again, how the hell does anybody have $5,000 of food, of any kind, in their fridge?!). Of course, genetics play a far larger role than any diet, unless it was all processed meat (then, people who ate that stuff would probably still eat processed junk food as vegetarians).

Damn, now they’ll have to recast Manute.