Micmacs- new film by Jean-Pierre Jeunet (possible spoilers but none in the OP)

Just found out that there’s a new Jean-Pierre Jeunet film.

Micmacs

Going to see it today without knowing anything about it (other than that he directed it).
Excited, I love his films and it’s been quite some time since I’ve sat down in a theater for a film I know nothing about.
Won’t look at this Thread again until after I’ve seen it so feel free to spoiler away. Still, since it’s new and in limited release and some dopers might want to hear generally how it is while they wait for it to open in their town, maybe we should use spoiler boxes.

Just saw this over the weekend; loved it. Very spaghetti western-ish. The ending was brilliant. All the little inventions were great, and the characters were just wonderful. Take the charm of *Amelie *and the stylization of The City of Lost Children(albeit toned down a notch); perhaps my favorite of the three.

I saw it a few weeks ago and loved the hell out of it. It’s going to be on my favorite films of the year list. I wanted to see it again (and again and again and again) but it left quickly. Looks like AMC theaters in several cities will be playing it…it’s opening Friday in at least 3 AMC theaters in Kansas City, of all places, so I’m hoping it’ll open at the arthouse AMC here in Chicago (Piper’s Alley), but they don’t have their schedule up yet.

I can’t wait to see this. I’ve been a big Jeunet fan ever since seeing *Delicatessen *when it was first released. Heck, I even kinda like Alien: Resurrection, though it’s definitely at the bottom of the list. I can’t believe it’s been six years since A Very Long Engagement came out–that is such a beautifully filmed movie, I hope it gets a bluray release soon.

I’m glad to hear good reviews of MicMacs. I’m sure I’ll love it!

If a thread on Battleship can garner pages of replies and thousands of views, before it’s even released, this (two year old) thread certainly deserves a bump.

Watched MicMacs last night. It’s the best comedy I’ve seen for some time, many moments of pure invention. I’ve rarely been surprised by a story so often, not so much in it’s overall arc, but in details of execution. Bazil and his friends certainly have a creative approach to problem solving. Highly recommended.