Miller Lite has the stupidest ad campaign ever right now.

No, water… but lighter.

I was at a gathering of acquaintances and had this conversation, near verbatim:

Him: Whatcha drinkin?
Me: Bass. Want one?
Him: No thanks, I’ve got Natural Light.
Me: You sure?
Him: Yeah. I don’t like the taste of beer.

Perfectly valid, IMO.

Pretty much all beer commercials are lackluster in comparison with the 1970’s Rainier Beer ones

For those who haven’t seen Miller Lite’s “man up” campaign: kitty purse skirt sunglasses tattoo

i have crossed over from “meh” to “mildly bothered” territory. their claim of “does it matter!? SURE it does! we’re MILLER LITE! we have GREAT taste.” is just so absurdly wrong that it’s unjustifiable.

You see, this is what bothers me. The guy says he doesn’t care, the bar maid hands him the other option, then makes him look like a douche for having a beer with no taste. Bitch you gave him the (less) shitty beer. You could have given him the better beer, but you didn’t. You are a terrible person.

What do you want? Good grammar or good taste?

The thing I hate most about them is because it’s not even remotely what the debate is in a bar nowadays.

“I’ll have a lite beer”

“Want a Miller lite or less filling beer?”

“Whatever is cheapest”.

Problem solved.

Almost missed the window on this thread being zombiefied. A year later, Budweiser is still running these idiotic ads. I’m surprised no one here mentioned the weasel-worded “more taste” or “less taste” – since when is “taste” quantifiable? What does it even mean? Were Bud’s lawyers uncomfortable with using “better taste?”

I guess they’re working, or they wouldn’t still be running. Stupid.

Bass great. Lesh Filling.

Miller, not Bud.

And they’ve really amped up the “you’re not manly unless you drink Miller Lite” aspect to these ads.

**Miller Lite has the stupidest ad campaign ever right now. **

Breaking their previous record.

Sorry, Miller. As you can see, the ads have sent me to their competitor. :smiley:

But it’s triple-hops brewed!

Miller Lite commercials have gone downhill since Uecker stopped doing them.

“I must be on the front row.”

Yes, I have to say, this year’s Miller commercials are even stupider than last year’s. Last year some hot but totally bitchy bartender would do the putdown. So the commercial was stupid but at least you got to look at a hot babe.

This year the guy’s own buddies do the putdown. The buddies are always doofuses themselves. Bring back the washed-up jocks.

Hate to break it to you-but he was a she.

Light beer: for people who don’t like the taste of beer, they just like to piss!

Maybe they like the taste of piss, too?

My favorite one of the Miller Lite commercials is the one where someone tells a guy his beer tastes bad and he says flat out “I do not care.” He’s the only person in the commercial who has any sense, even though he’s supposed to be the chump. He doesn’t care - he’s in the middle of hiking up a mountain or something. “I do not care” has become a catchphrase around the house.