Mindless trivia about the Pentagon Military Reservation in DC

Because I knew some of the winners who didn’t have their photo posted?

If you approach the Pentagon from a distance and can see three of its sides, then someone approaching from the exact opposite direction can only see two. And vice-versa.

Wikipedia lists it as the largest office building in the world by both total area and office space area.

And apparently it’s in some kind of commonwealth, not in a district.

It’s on the Virginia side of the river but has a DC zip code.

Sorry, zip codes.

I think it is the Commonwealth of the District of Columbia.

It was Truman who desegregated the US military, not FDR.

When I see anyone from Virginia who can parallel park, I’ll consider calling them Washingtonians.

A small fraction of the “Airman of the year” have ever been women. A smaller fraction of that have, for whatever reason, had no picture available. You claim to personally know more than one of this small percent of a small percent of a tiny population?

Oh, yeah…there’s just something about a woman in uniform. :wink:

A small fraction of the “Airman of the year” have ever been women. A smaller fraction of that have, for whatever reason, had no picture available. You claim to personally know more than one of this small percent of a small percent of a tiny population?

And you said you only worked there 8 years? How many Airman of the Year were women in that 8 years? How many did not have their photo available? And you knew more than one of them?

Yet FDR made the Pentagon integrated.

I would have thought there’d be more than one toilet or urinal per bathroom.

Taught myself by looking at pictures on the 'net. Dad tried when I was 16 but I needed the visuals.

Taught myself because I knew I’d be parking on the street in Crystal City early one morning. Haven’t needed the skill since.

Pentegrated.

:dubious:

Thank you, I never knew that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You are very welcome.
I stumbled onto that in the Wikipedia article on the Pentagon, despite the biographies of FDR that I’ve read.

Cheers, Mans, I’m not doubting your experience, it’s a big place. But nobody I know would take a job working there full time.

Incinerator see p.5 Real Property Operations

Re: alcohol and controlled substances I gave you a link to the Title and code, so I’m not sure what else to show you. What some COs allow or disallow within their own offices notwithstanding, the code is clear, and I have seen it upheld to the point that an asthmatic had to wait for an ambulance rather than be treated by a passing military doctor.

It does also allow for waivers to be granted, and I’ve no doubt that a few specific military personnel have the right to treat people there, but for the overall population, the rules are extremely strict and are strictly enforced.

As for the facilities, a lot depends upon where you work. My experience there was 20 years ago, and I didn’t work there full time. But the stapler was from WWII, and the chair seats all had holes in them. And if you are denying the presence of mice and vermin then you must have worked for the Joint Chiefs or something.

I am a Virginian and a parking ninja. Ask anybody who knows me!

Did you miss the part where they completely renovated the entire structure recently? One wedge they renovated twice, due to it being destroyed by a large plane crashing into it.

It’s a fairly nice place to work, enhanced by a Metro station right next to it.

Lieutenant General Groves the man in charge of the Manhattan Project also oversaw the construction of the Pentagon.
Supposedly it’s pentagon shaped to best fit the area of land it’s in.
There’s a demon trapped in the courtyard.:wink: