Mint Julep's Mexico Story

Because I demand that my fiction be better written. Thats why I go to published authors for that.

Lovely crafting for an august member, Derleth.

I was thinking, how does he know how many times he stabbed the bad guy? In a fit of adrenaline fueled anger and fright wouldn’t someone just keep stabbing away?

“1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 OK man that should teach you.”

Genius. Pure genius.

Tengo un gato en mi pantalones.

Nice… but so is most of Augie’s work.Including the first “Graphic Novel” I ever read.

The “lovely crafting” is a small part of his work. Hey, Derleth–you related?

Ooooh. That musta hurt. Or was el gato declawed? If you weren’t Jewish, before, you probably are, now.

I know what you’re thinking. “Did he stab me seven times or only six?” Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a #4 Phillips, the most powerful screwdriver in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you’ve got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

My name ends with a Z as well and I would like to know more about this.

florez simply pulled the same thing that people from some places pull with Hernán Cortés name, so? Or that Costa Rican lady who spelled her name Hortencia, because her mother thought that, since it is pronounced Hortensia in Costa Rica, it would probably be pronounced Hortencia by Spaniards and its correct spelling would probably be Hortencia (it’s Hortensia and pronounced Hortensia by anybody whose dialect doesn’t involve ceceo, using Z for S, FTR).
anya marie, I’ve heard that theory before applied to Spanish lastnames, but that would make 99% of our patronymics (including some which originated with the first post-Muslim invasion kings) Jewish. Take with big chunk of salt.

This has to be the oddest pitting I’ve ever seen. Kinda mean too. So because you and “yours” have no knowledge of this incident that makes it untrue?

Perhaps Mint isn’t exactly your cup-o-tea. But a pitting? Really? I think this pitting may deserve a pitting.

Your name reminds me of a good joke though: What do you call a blonde walking on her hands? A brunette with bad breath. Or would that answer have to be revised these days to “A bald woman with bad breath”?

Supposed to be Yiddish for “It is a pleasure to meet you.”

But then you are of Spanish ancestry, not European.

:smack:

Must be a real thrill for Mint Julep to be white-knighted by Tony Clifton.

Now wouldn’t be the time to point to a map of Spain’s location, would it? :stuck_out_tongue:

Quite so. I always assumed the predominance of “-z” surnames in Spanish has its roots in Late Latin/Proto-Spanish plurals. Like, the precursor of “José Martínez” would have meant “José of the Martins”; that is, of the “Martin” clan, the family whose paterfamilias just called himself “Martin”. I assumed this mainly because so many of those “-z” surnames resemble first names.
But correct me if I’m wrong!
I know this is continuing a hijack, but we might as well discuss other things until MintJulep offers her (his?) defense or retraction

You’re kidding right? This has to be the most polite Pitting in history. The OP didn’t want to hijack the other thread so is asking for clarification. MJ just has to clarify if he (she? I forgot) wants people to believe. If belief isn’t important then she doesn’t have to answer. I don’t see it as mean at all.

<hijack>
Ejido land (distributed through the agrarian reform program) is owned by the state; ejidatarios have usufruct rights that can be bequeathed to family members but not (legally) sold or rented. As of 1992, ejidos can be privatized but not many have been.
<end of hijack>

Captain? Before you go, there’s just one more thing.

Not only was the OP an extremely polite pitting but haven’t we learned about attacking people who are suspicious? Oh it’s terribly mean to express doubt? I’m not saying that we need to second guess everything every person says but as was clearly laid out in the OP there is a significant odor of drama queen wafting from Mint I don’t know about the neighborhood she’s talking about but based on the support from other posters in this thread it sounds like it’s a pretty close community where this kind of story would get around so asking for clarification seems perfectly fair.

<farrrrrrt>*