MLB 2021 Playoffs

Yeah, and what’s with goalie facemasks in hockey? Wimps.

You go out there and bust your fingers, the players don’t need to get hurt so you can feel tough.

When I played baseball, pitchers threw inside. They hit us in the head, the hands, the wrists, the ass, the gut…you dealt with pain. The least of your worries was breaking a fingernail sliding into second or third base. It was collisions at home plate, collisions rounding first, and collisions sliding hard into second. None of that game exists now. It’s manicure league basebelles (MLB)

Evan Longoria!!!

At what level did you play?

Listen. Listen. Hear that silence at Dodgers Stadium?

Love it!

And how hard did they throw in your Little League? The “I’m a tougher guy than professional athletes” bit is so, so tiresome. No, you’re not, and no, you could not possibly take the punishment and fatigue they do.

High school - and at the time, nobody in college or the pros wore oven mitts to slide. I’ve also been part of the video production team on a minor league team – no oven mitts. This is just fairy ball. Sick of this sissy ass shit.

We know that. Like five posts ago we were informed that the “oven mitts” are only a few years old.

What do you mean by “fairy ball”?

It’s fucking Bryce Harper “look at my cool beard” hipster ball. I hate it.

You think that men with full beards are “fairies”? Seriously?

Yep. Lawrenceville hipster wussies.

When was the last time anybody saw a collision rounding first, at any level?

Wait, I can remember that happening when my son was playing tee-ball.

Moderating:

@asahi, I’m locking this thread due to your posting several homophobic statements. I’m not a mod of Game Room, but if I were, I’d give you a warning for this. I suggest you take a time out.

Giants!!! Yes!!!

It may turn out* that Brandon Crawford’s leaping grab saved the postseason for the Giants.

*turns around 3 times and spits.

Those are the worst kinds of losses to watch as a fan. Just one mistake the entire game and it’s a loss. Not to take anything away from the really good defensive plays that were made.

I’m thrilled that the Red Sox won, but they’re going to meet better pitching in the next round. Hopefully the bats stay hot and they can rest up their bullpen. I really hope Barnes pulls it together but I don’t know how you can trust him in any high leverage situation.

I hear ya. Scherzer’s stat line would result in a W, 99% of the time.