Mod is subtracting value in the DeSantis thread

The thread:

I ain’t mad; this is just my opinion about how to treat such a thread.

We were having a nice discussion. Since it’s politics, Trump is heavily involved. Mod kept coming in and saying to stop talking about Trump. But, again IMO, it was fine.

It wasn’t thread-shitting. It was relevant. It was interesting. Having to worry about going off topic, etc., made posting less practical and enjoyable. The mod was subtracting value, not adding.
So I’d prefer less moderation of this type.

But all that is just IMO! Thanks for listening!

As you are the OP of the thread, I am willing to remove the Staff note and open the thread up to a broader discussion. Though it should not be an omnibus thread:

As per the rules for GD and P&E:

Give me a few minutes to make some changes. Then let me know if it looks OK.

Yes, I was wondering, since I hadn’t had a problem with it and nobody was trying to derail the discussion, why moderation was necessary, but thank you!

Based on the Title of the thread and the OP and the rule I quoted & a flag or 2, I was trying to keep the thread about DeSantis and not become yet another Trump thread. That is pretty much normal policy for P&E.

OK, I’ll try to make the scope clearer in the future. Thank you!

Your Welcome and sorry for the confusion.

I just learned a new word in the SpaceX threads: “ullage.” It’s how, in certain rocket fuel tanks, you must replace the depleting fuel with something else.

A good metaphor, I think, for De Santis, vis a vis Trump. One simply cannot discuss the evolving presidential prospects of the former, without constantly re-assessing the hot, gassy expansions and contractions of the latter.

Start
(threadval = threadval - 1)
Goto Start

Response is:
LOL+1!